Sit back and relax while we apply to 100s of jobs for you - $25
Come join us at Village Green Day School as an Lead Teacher in our Two's Classroom! Village Green Day School is part of the Endeavor Schools family. At Village Green Day School, our educators brighten children's lives every day while creating a bright future for themselves.$28k-41k yearly est.1d ago
Keywords: Preschool Teacher, Location: Leesburg, VA - 20178 Winwood Children's Center, part of the Cadence Education family, is currently seeking a Preschool Lead Teacher to bring your love of children and past experience in childcare, daycare or early childhood education to our team of kind, caring Teachers and staff. Cadence Education is one of the premier early childhood educators in the United States, operating over 275 private preschools and elementary schools across 30 states.$34k-45k yearly est.6d ago
Teacher - Entry Level (Teach For America Corps)
For over 30 years, Teach For America has recruited outstanding leaders to become TFA corps members who commit to teaching for two years in a low-income community. Apply today and spark a brighter future as a Corps Member with Teach For America. K-12 Teacher, Open to all Backgrounds & Experience Level Teach For America is a national network of diverse leaders working in partnership with local Recent Grads - Become a Teacher (Teach for America Corps) Creative Doer: Teacher K-12 - All majors welcome Teach For America works in 38 regions across the United States. Teach For America is a 2-year training and certification program that recruits and supports some of the most passionate, equity-minded leaders to work as full-time, classroom teachers in low-income communities within the US. Washington, DC 20001: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)$62k yearly3d ago
Teachers at Olney KinderCare
When you work at a KinderCare Learning Center, each new day is an adventure. KinderCare highly encourages its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect themselves and their communities. When you join our team as a Teacher you will: When you join our team as a Teacher we will: Invest in you and your career at KinderCare as you create a world-class experience in our classrooms Implement KinderCare's curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child$40k-59k yearly est.10d ago
SY22-23 Building Substitute
Girls Global Academy is a community of dedicated innovators who believe girls matter. Girls Global Academy (GGA) is an all-girls public charter high school in Washington, DC.$24k-31k yearly est.15d ago
+ Implement proprietary curriculum while creating fun, interactive learning experiences. + We invest in your future with ongoing training, tuition reimbursement, credential assistance, and our unique Master Teacher Program.$37k-65k yearly est.8d ago
Special Education Teacher (SPED)
Our teams are constantly raising the bar to excite, inspire and unite Special Education Teachers across the nation and beyond. The Stepping Stones Group is currently interviewing Special Education Teachers for the 2022-2023 school year in Ashburn, VA!$56k-79k yearly est.11d ago
2nd Grade Teacher PC 1274 for the 2023-2024 School Year
Pay Grade: Instructional Salary Schedule
Period of Employment: 10, 10.5, or 11 months
Description Approved/Revised: 1/23 FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervised by and/or Reports to: Building Administrator
General Responsibilities: This position exists to ensure that all students learn the standards, essential skills, and knowledge at grade level or content area.
(This list is intended solely as an illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude their addition if they are similar to or a logical extension of the position.)
* Professional Knowledge
The teacher demonstrates an understanding of the curriculum, subject content, and the developmental needs of students by providing relevant learning experiences.
* Integrates key content elements and facilitates students' use of higher-level thinking skills in instruction.
* Uses an accurate, current, and specific knowledge of the subject matter and a working knowledge of relevant technology.
* Bases instruction on goals that reflect high expectations for all students commensurate with their developmental levels.
* Provides appropriate accommodations for diverse learners and students learning in unique contexts (e.g., English learners, gifted learners, students with special needs, etc.).
* Instructional Planning
The teacher plans using the Virginia Standards of Learning, the school's curriculum, student data, and engaging and research-based strategies and resources to meet the needs of all students.
* Aligns lesson objectives to the school's curriculum and student learning needs.
* Plans and works collaboratively with others to enhance teaching and learning.
* Instructional Delivery
The teacher uses a variety of research-based instructional strategies appropriate for the content area to engage students in active learning, to promote key skills, and to meet individual learning needs.
* Differentiates the instructional content, process, product, and learning environment to meet individual developmental needs.
* Uses a variety of appropriate instructional strategies and resources to encourage active student engagement.
* Assessment of/for Student Learning
The teacher systematically gathers, analyzes, and uses all relevant data to measure student progress, guide instructional content and delivery methods, and provide timely feedback to students, parents/caregivers, and other educators, as needed.
* Uses pre-assessment data to develop expectations for students, to differentiate instruction, and to document learning.
* Uses a variety of formal and informal assessment strategies and instruments that are valid and appropriate for the content, for the student population, and for the setting.
* Collaborates with others to develop common assessments, when appropriate.
* Aligns student assessment with established curriculum standards and benchmarks.
* Communicates constructive and frequent feedback on student learning to students, parents/caregivers, and other educators, as appropriate.
* Learning Environment
The teacher uses resources, routines, and procedures to provide a respectful, positive, safe, student-centered environment that is conducive to learning.
* Arranges and modifies the classroom, as needed, to maximize learning while providing a safe environment.
* Establishes clear expectations, with student input, for classroom rules and procedures early in the school year and enforces them consistently and fairly.
* Maximizes instructional time and minimizes disruptions.
* Promotes respectful interactions and an understanding of students' diversity, such as language, culture, race, gender, and special needs.
* Provides accommodations for all students' needs, including social, emotional, behavioral, and intellectual.
* Culturally Responsive Teaching and Equitable Practices
The teacher demonstrates a commitment to equity and provides instruction and classroom strategies that result in culturally inclusive and responsive learning environments and academic achievement for all students.
* Disaggregates assessment, engagement, behavioral, and attendance data by student groups and identifies and applies differentiated strategies to address growth and learning needs of all students with specific attention to students within gap groups.
* Fosters classroom environments that create opportunities for access and achievement by acknowledging, valuing, advocating, and affirming cultural and social diversity in all aspects of the learning process, including for gender, race, ethnicity, English Language Learners, and students with disabilities.
The teacher demonstrates a commitment to professional ethics, collaborates and communicates appropriately, and takes responsibility for personal professional growth that results in the enhancement of student learning.
* Adheres to federal and state laws, school and division policies, ethical guidelines, and procedural requirements.
* Maintains positive professional behavior (e.g., appearance, demeanor, punctuality, and attendance).
* Works in a collegial and collaborative manner with administrators, other school personnel, and the community to promote students' well-being, progress, and success.
* Builds positive and professional relationships with parents/caregivers through frequent and appropriate communication concerning students' progress.
* Uses precise language, correct vocabulary and grammar, and acceptable forms of oral and written communication.
* Student Academic Progress
The work of the teacher results in acceptable, measurable, and appropriate student academic progress.
* Documents the progress of each student throughout the year.
Requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with others.
* Ability to design lessons that teach curriculum in an engaging manner, applying various teaching methods such as discussions, demonstration, and individual or collaborative projects and research.
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills to manage and control the classroom.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to maintain professionalism and tact in high-stress situations.
* Creative analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
Requisite Education and Experience:
* Must possess at a minimum a bachelor's degree.
* Must possess or be eligible for a Virginia Department of Education Teaching License with an endorsement in the area for which he/she is being hired.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to: a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions. Some heavy work requiring the exertion of 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects may be required.
Manassas City Public Schools assures equal employment opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by federal and state orders and laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. It is neither intended to be, nor should it be construed as, an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. Administration reserves the right to modify, assign, or remove duties as necessary.$44k-56k yearly est.4d ago
SAT Reading/Writing Teacher (Part-Time)
C2 Education's services are designed to provide support for all students.$20-25 hourly6h ago
Senior Program Integrator
Overview SAIC is a premier Fortune 500 technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking an experienced program integrator to provide wide-ranging contracts, budget, and programmatic support to a Customer office that performs strategic research and outreach focused on understanding the capabilities and vulnerabilities of Quantum computing and exploiting Quantum phenomenology.$46k-59k yearly est.9d ago
Virtual, STEP French Teacher, (Part-time)
* In concert with other discipline experts participate in the development of Projects within a Project Based Learning Environment using K12 design protocols; K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. * Participate in a weekly teacher conference call with the Academic Administrator; Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, The school School. The CRE teacher must provide instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs. Instructional/Curricular * Effectively apply working knowledge of the K12 curriculum and Online School as it relates to grade and subject level assignment; Teachers monitor student progress through K12's learning management system, and work actively with students and parents to advance each student's learning. The Career Readiness Education (CRE) Teacher is state certified teacher and/or alternatively certified CRE Teacher responsible for delivering specific course content in a Project Based Learning on-line environment.$20-30 hourly8d ago
Full-time Educator | Reston Town Center
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. The Educator role is the foundation of our success as an organization.$15-20.3 hourly4d ago
Professional Music Teacher
Are you a people person who loves solving problems? Do you love music? Do you believe in the power of music to bring people together? If you do, and you want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians then we have a position where you can find your sound.
The Lesson Studio at Music & Arts is the #1 provider of music lessons nationwide. We believe that private lessons are the building blocks to a lifelong relationship with music. Our strong commitment to music education is fundamental to our business, and we work hard to find instructors who are experts in their instrument. We take care of all the administrative work so you can do what you do best: inspire learning and creating the next generation of musicians!
Essential Functions (not all-inclusive):
* Teach music lessons to a diverse population of students
* Communicate with parents of students (where applicable) on the progress of each student
* Work with students in our clean and safe studios or through online lessons
* Collaborate with store team to maximize lesson experience
Why Music & Arts? Here's just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity of gig leave--take time off to share your music with the world and return to your job after your tour! Music & Arts offers robust benefits and perks for full time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plus company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement options.
Music & Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job? related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1?818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Skills, Experience and Education:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent substitutable experience
* 2 years of music teaching experience
"Part-time$45k-60k yearly est.3d ago
Kindergarten Prep Teacher
A Bright Horizons Career Includes: As a Child Care Lead Teacher or Kindergarten Prep Teacher, you will: Imagine it all as a Bright Horizons Lead Teacher or Kindergarten Prep Teacher. Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. Explore the possibilities of where a Bright Horizons career can take you - in a workplace committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion where you can be you.$20.8-25.4 hourly4d ago
The Smithsonian Institution is a diverse museum and research complex dedicated to the increase and diffusion of knowledge. Responsibilities The Education Specialist develops and delivers multilevel educational strategies that directly address race in America (such as the "Let's Talk!$83k-113k yearly est.6d ago
IMMEDIATE: Long-Term Substitute Teacher, Science, John Poole MS, Full-time
IMMEDIATE: Long-Term Substitute Teacher, Science, John Poole MS, Full-time Job Specific Information: This teaching position is for Grade 7 Science MCPS Official Job DescriptionSUMMARY DESCRIPTION:Under the direction of the middle school principal, plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for adolescent students.$48k-60k yearly est.4h ago
Part-Time Support Teacher (6:30am - 11:00am)
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. * Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Leesburg at Potomac Station and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children. As a Part Time Support Teacher at Primrose School of Leesburg at Potomac Station, you will help young minds explore, discover and understand the world around them. Primrose School of Leesburg at Potomac Station is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational childcare experience. * Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Leesburg at Potomac Station Employee Handbook$15-17 hourly9d ago
Learning Care Group, Inc. is the second-largest for-profit child care provider in North America and a leader in early education. As a Lead Teacher, you'll:$26k-32k yearly est.6d ago
Early Childhood Education Preschool Teacher
Chesterbrook Academy, part of the Spring Education Group family of schools, is seeking passionate educators who ignite a fire within their students, inspiring them to become lifelong learners, ultimately making a positive impact on each child's unique educational journey. Location: Herndon, Va Meets minimum preparation and experience required for certification as an Early Childhood Education Teacher (CDA).$28k-44k yearly est.7h ago
Senior Program Integrator
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets.$46k-59k yearly est.9d ago
Based on recent jobs postings on Zippia, the average salary in the U.S. for a 2nd Grade Teacher is $46,850 per year or $23 per hour.
The highest paying 2nd Grade Teacher jobs have a salary over $68,000 per year while the lowest paying 2nd Grade Teacher jobs pay $32,000 per year
A special education teacher is responsible for teaching students with disabilities. Special education teachers are trained professionals to provide distinct learning instructions for children with special cases for them to achieve their potentials and improve their self-confidence. A special education teacher must have excellent communication and organizational skills to assist the students with their learning areas. Special education teachers should be able to come up with engaging activities to support the students' behavioral and intellectual development.
The Lead Teacher works with parents to resolve student issues and train new teachers on effective teaching techniques. A Lead Teacher is a licensed teacher with extensive teaching experience and preferably has a master's in education or related studies. They are an integral part of a school's faculty and the principal's arm in drafting policies for implementation.
Teachers that specialize in human society are called social studies teachers. Usually, they are found at a high school and secondary school level. They teach concepts of history, geography, government, economics, and civic ideals. Their duties include assigning and grading homework, writing, and grading tests and essays as well as engaging students with lectures and relevant activities. Skills needed for the job include an analytical mind, service-oriented, and organized. They must also be highly knowledgeable about social sciences and has a field related degree to social study.
The main responsibility of a coach is to motivate an individual or an entire team. Coaches are focused on improving the performance and skills of athletes by conducting training sessions, coordinating practice drills, and providing guidance. Their work is conducted both on and off the field - not only while an athletic event is in session. Coaches are sometimes tasked with recruitment activities in order to fill a team's roster to help them succeed. Other duties of a coach include fundraising, overseeing facilities, and promoting a safe environment.
A math teacher is responsible for instilling analytical and statistical knowledge to the learners. The duties of a math teacher include the development of a student's problem-solving skills, practical application of formulas and logical reasoning, utilization of visual materials and other learning equipment for better comprehension, and evaluation of the students' learning progress by conducting series of tests and activities. A math teacher should also support and encourage students and build their self-confidence by providing regular coachings, managing their learning challenges, and keeping engaging lesson plans.