Construction Laborer / Helper
As we transition to Acuity International, you may see references to Caliburn or Caliburn International in our job postings and application process.
Please note that as of October 1st, Caliburn International is Acuity International and as we phase out our postings and current applications, our company name will be updated.
Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today! To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below to find your next career!
Acuity's Specialized Engineering division is an internationally known federal contractor specializing in construction of US Dept. of State Diplomatic Compounds including US Embassies, Consulates and Annexes. We are motivated to build highly specialized compounds to allow our diplomats and other support staff to operate internationally in comfort and safety.
It all starts with people and being the best, you can be. Come join our team!
Perform tasks involving physical labor. May operate hand and power tools of all types. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, and remove waste materials. May assist Helpers and Tradesmen.
* Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
* Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
* Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
* Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
* Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces such as concrete, marble, terrazzo, or wood flooring, using abrasive tools or machines.
* Install sewer, water, and storm drain pipes, using pipe-laying machinery and laser guidance equipment. Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
* Mop, brush, or spread paints, cleaning solutions, or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection.
* Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete or pavement.
* Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers; and mix, pour, and spread concrete.
* Must be able to lift tool, materials, equipment in excess of 50lbs.
* Must be able to work from all types of ladders and perform work at various heights.
* Wear personal protective equipment as required by OSHA and EM-385.
QUALITIES OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
* Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
* Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
* Innovation - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
* Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
* Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
* Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
* Self-Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
* Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
* A high school diploma is preferred.
* Entry level with prior construction experience is recommended, but not mandatory.
* Must be willing to deploy to project sites worldwide to complete construction projects.
* Must have an active Secret clearance.
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
$23k-33k yearly est.