Robstown Sanitation -Overnight Total Store Sanitation Spec - Part-Time
Sanitizer Job in Robstown, TX
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 110,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while providing superior customer service. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As a Total Store Sanitation Specialist, you'll maintain department fixtures and equipment cleanliness, and perform total store sanitation tasks to maintain the Store's cleanliness and safety.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... commitment to work hard to make sure People come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... a strong sense of how what you do affects our Customers and our success?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... initiative to step up and do what needs doing?
We are looking for:
- 1+ years of experience in maintenance / sanitation
- initiative; willingness to do what needs to be done
- ability to work late evenings and overnight schedules
What is the work?
Sanitation / Maintenance:
- Maintains department cleanliness and safety with a sense of urgency and prioritization
- Deep cleans / disinfects processing areas and departments, including equipment, fixtures, coolers, floors, and drains
- Maintains proper documentation and certification of chemical handling and sanitation verification functions
- Properly uses chemicals and cleaning tools
- Uses H-E-B chemical program and correctly organizes / maintains stock in maintenance room
- Applies basic knowledge of product, product handling, and food preparation processes
- Applies basic knowledge of assembly and use of department equipment for sanitation purposes
- Applies knowledge of different types of insects or rodents and placement / use of pest control traps
- Ensures food safety and sanitation standards are achieved by following SOPs
- Communicates maintenance needs, process improvements, problems, or solutions to Store Leaders
- Works with and around customers; attends to their needs
- Assists customers in the location of product
- Performs all duties of Total Store Sanitation Rep when needed
What is your background?
- Minimum age 18 (mandatory)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in maintenance / sanitation
- Completion of Company Orientation, In-store orientation, Basics of Safety, Annual Food Handler, basic HAZMAT / Chemical Safety certifications upon hire
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Total Store Sanitation Specialist?
- Knowledge of OSHA Guidelines
- Basic knowledge of product, product handling, and food preparation processes
- Basic knowledge of assembly and use of department equipment for sanitation purposes
- Strong communication skills
- Time-management skills
- Sacking skills
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks; attention to detail
- Ability to learn to operate equipment from various Store departments at a basic level
- Ability to take initiative and do what needs to be done; ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work with a team mindset
- Ability to work late evenings and overnight schedules
- Ability to identify types of insects or rodents and place / use pest control traps
- Customer service-oriented
- Constantly* reach at waist, grasp
- Constantly be exposed to wet conditions
- Frequently stand, walk, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, bend, push / pull with arms
- Frequently be exposed to cold conditions
- Occasionally reach overhead, reach at floor, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb stairs, climb ladders, pivot, twist, pinch, perform fine motor movements
- Occasionally be exposed to hot, ambient temperatures, and loud noise
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 50 lbs, and manage in excess of 50 lbs**
* While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as--Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
** It is Partners' responsibility to never lift beyond their own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.
Requisition ID: 2023-67661
External Company Name: HEB
External Company URL: careers.heb.com
Street: 308 E. Main
Post End Date: 2/4/2023
Name: Robstown Sanitation
Required Availability: 6p-3a