Location: Anchorage, AK
Experience: Mid Level
The Network Planners at ACS are a key role, having responsibility for planning and execution of ACS' broadband solutions network including fiber-optic, long-distance, local, and internet network activities. This position provides project management functions to ensure the execution of network initiatives and build-out activities on time and on budget. Network Planners evaluate new technologies and products for use within the networks; provide both long-range and tactical network plans in support of strategic and immediate needs. Coordinates network growth with sales and marketing targets. Works on a daily basis with other network organizations including various engineering disciplines, field operations, and network performance management groups to assist in the operations and management of the network.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Take overall accountability for customer relationships, provide "account management" functionality, and act in the capacity of a solution provider. Communicate with customers effectively, on a proactive basis, and manage the communication process.
· Apply various engineering designs, build processes, and network operations and support processes as needed; map processes and inter-linkages. Coordinate with operations, sales, and other departments in the company. Vendor management and integrating vendor support into technical and process functions of the engineering organization.
· Apply big picture view of telecom networks (Ethernet, IP, SONET, switching, fiber optic, microwave, satellite, and other access networks including GPON), the technologies, processes, and systems used to engineer, design, build and operate such networks.
· Manage Expense and Capital budgets, and Project budgets. Manage project-level budgets and resources; vendor and internal resources for project execution. Develop business cases for specific initiatives; understand business impact and model impact of technology on business process.
· Lead projects, cross-functional teams, layout projects and tasks, and drive projects through successful completion on budget and in scope.
· Evaluates new technology, analyzes trends, identifies resource needs, and develops the integration of technical activities
P O S ITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
Bachelor`s degree in electronics and/or communications engineering or equivalent engineering disciplines. Equivalent education, experience, and training may be substituted for the degree requirement plus three (3) plus years of progressively responsible professional-level telecom engineering, planning, or operations experience demonstrating proficiency in design, implementation support, and project management of telecommunications networks. Equivalent education and training may be substituted for experience. Demonstrated proficiency working with MS Project, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, Project, and Visio.
Ot her Requirements
Jobs from similar companies you might want to view.
Zippia gives an in-depth look into the details of Alaska Communications, including salaries, political affiliations, employee data, and more, in order to inform job seekers about Alaska Communications. The employee data is based on information from people who have self-reported their past or current employments at Alaska Communications. The data on this page is also based on data sources collected from public and open data sources on the Internet and other locations, as well as proprietary data we licensed from other companies. Sources of data may include, but are not limited to, the BLS, company filings, estimates based on those filings, H1B filings, and other public and private datasets. While we have made attempts to ensure that the information displayed are correct, Zippia is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of this information. None of the information on this page has been provided or approved by Alaska Communications. The data presented on this page does not represent the view of Alaska Communications and its employees or that of Zippia.
Alaska Communications may also be known as or be related to ALASKA COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS GROUP INC, Alaska Communications, Alaska Communications Systems Group, Alaska Communications Systems Group Inc and Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc.