Research Engineer Job in Magnolia, AR
Location: Magnolia, AR
Experience: Mid Level
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Are you inspired by "what's next"? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world's largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people's lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
* Analyze existing process problems and define robust and innovative solutions with limited oversight
* Analyze existing processes and identify material improvement opportunities with limited oversight.
* Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to develop process design scope packages for new product commercialization, large debottlenecking efforts, increases in plant capacity, major operability improvements, improvements in plant HS&E performance, etc. This can include leading and/or directing the efforts of less experienced engineers working on the project.
* Collaborate with chemists and other engineers/scientists to scale up processes from bench to pilot to commercial scale and to select the optimal process technology for each process step.
* Be a key member of commissioning and startup team for new project installations.
* Participate in troubleshooting of significant process issues, as needed.
* Actively contributing to the innovation and ideation process through the development and justification of new project proposals.
* Providing technical support to specific manufacturing areas.
* Report writing, presentations, project management, and potentially supervision responsibilities.
* Continual development of your professional skillset.
* B.S. in Chemical Engineering with minimum 4 years of chemical industry experience or PhD in Chemical Engineering.
* Strong safety mindset
* Strong command of chemical engineering fundamentals
* Proven examples of developing innovative solutions to complex problems
* Strong teamwork and leadership skills
* Initiative, creativity, and problem solving abilities
* Excellent written, verbal, computer, and interpersonal skills
* Program / project leadership experience
* Significant proven experience in the areas of process development, process operations and/or design
* Hands-on process startup and/or operations experience
* Experience leading other engineers and/or chemists
* Detailed design and/or troubleshooting knowledge of some common process equipment such as distillation columns, pumps, heat exchangers, reactors, filters, dryers, etc.
Resume and any supporting documents are required attachments for employment consideration.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.