Grand Traverse Resort and Casinos
Cashier/Host Job in Suttons Bay, MI
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Must be 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma, a GED or equivalent experience. Previous experience preferred with proper verification. Money handling and MICROS experience is recommended, as well as computer and calculator skills. Minimum one year of customer service experience is preferred.
The Host/Cashier position involves positive guest interaction; greeting, cash and coupon handling, operation of micros computer systems, calculator, basic math skills, basic knowledge of food, food handling, menus, knowledge of sanitation practices, and knowledge of casino and restaurant promotions and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Greet and seat guests in a professional, prompt, courteous, and friendly manner.
* Perform cash, coupon and house account transactions smoothly and accurately.
* Handle guest comments and concerns in a positive and professional manner while following policy and procedure.
* Properly notify your immediate supervisor, manager of any guest who appears intoxicated.
* Monitor dining area for cleanliness, maintaining a high quality standard for the appearance of the cashier area, dining area, and front line.
* Stock, clean and rotate the front line coolers, vending, and beverage coolers throughout shift (coffee bar, deli etc.).
* Where applicable; Clean tables and chairs, sweep and mop designated areas. Alert supervisor or maintenance of equipment repairs and maintenance needs.
* Maintain sanitation, safety, security, and personnel policy standards at all times.
* Properly operate Micros computer system, cash drawer, adding machine and complete paperwork.
* Follow security and surveillance protocol when handling cash transactions to and from the Cage.
* Willingness to cross-train and provide support in related areas of operations.
* Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must have excellent guest service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
* Must be highly motivated, organized and able to multiple task.
* Must have excellent organizational skills, and be able to follow strict procedures.
* Must possess the ability to work with various personalities while maintaining impartiality.
* Must respond to supervisory guidance and assignments and accept constructive criticisms in order to learn new, updated information.
* Must be a team player. Require crossed training for other positions in front/ back of the house as directed by management. Participate in on-going training sessions and staff meetings.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
Micros computer system, cash register, and calculator
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* May be required to lift up to 40 lbs.
* Must be able to stand, sit and/or walk for entire shift.
* Must be able to reach, bend, stretch, kneel, crawl, lift and carry.
* Must have good grooming habits and manners.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS
* Must be able to effectively handle stressful and compromising situations while remaining focused and professional.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced, stressful atmosphere, having the ability to deal with difficult situations/ people without losing perspective.
* Must be able to work productively under strict time restraints with variable deadlines.
* Must be able to make basic decisions on your own.
Must be able and willing to work in a crowded, loud, smoking environment. Must be able to handle being under constant surveillance. May be required to work in small, enclosed spaces. Must practice all safety policies, procedures and standards as set by OSHA and Health Dept. Must be in work station at scheduled time and in proper uniform. Must be able to work days, evenings, graveyard, weekends, holiday's etc.
Native American and Tribal Preference will apply. Must be able to pass a background investigation and a drug urinalysis as a condition of employment. Must be able to work flexible hours and to take on additional responsibilities when asked. Must adhere to company policies regarding strict confidentiality
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change the duties of the position at any time. Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents in lieu of stated minimums require prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.