Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
Division Roadmaster Job in Phillipsburg, KS
The person in this position directly supervises foremen and/or indirectly supervises employees in the Maintenance of Way (MoW) Department and is responsible for oversight of maintenance-and-repair activities surrounding the MoW functions. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
* Lead, direct, and manage the day-to-day activities of the region's MoW Department
* Be responsible for the hourly technical craft employees as well as all supervisors in the MoW Department
* Interface with other departments to ensure efficient and organized operations of the railroad
* Enforce compliance with safety procedures; use PPE to keep required records
* Monitor and closely control all maintenance and other related costs associated with the department
* Ensure department meets its track, signal, and capital-projects service goals
* Manage other projects and perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Three years of related experience
* Five years of related experience in the rail industry preferred
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
* High school diploma or GED, three years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Associate degree, three years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
* Valid driver's license
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.