This question is about research associate.

How long does it take to become a Research Associate?

By Zippia Team - Mar. 2, 2022

It takes 3 years of professional experience to become a research associate. That is the time it takes to learn specific research associate skills, but does not account for time spent in formal education. If you include the normal education requirements to complete a college degree, then it takes 6 to 8 years years to become a research associate.

There are certain skills that you need to obtain in order to become a successful research associate. Some of the most common skills are listed below. Along with each skill, we provide an actual example of how someone included the skill on their resume:

  1. Procedures -- Maintain and update professional competencies, knowledge of Clinical Operating Guidelines and related hospital policies and procedures and their proper application.

  2. Research Projects -- Performed statistical analyses for quantitative/qualitative research projects.

  3. Data Analysis -- Performed interviews and methodically documented youth progress to determine the efficacy of intervention programs as a basis for comparative data analysis.

  4. Cell Culture -- Performed cell culture utilizing sterile technique and managed laboratory safety/chemical inventory/equipment.

  5. Data Collection -- Manage external consultants in identification of data needs of project and supervise their data collection from Managed Care Organization data sources.

Common Educational Background For A Research Associate

The education needed to be a Research Associate is normally a Bachelor's Degree. Research Associates usually study Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology. 63.0% of Research Associates hold a Bachelor's Degree and 20.0% hold a Master's Degree. We found these by analyzing 49981 Research Associate resumes to investigate the topic of Research Associate education more precisely.

The most common colleges for students to pursue their goal of becoming a Research Associate are University of California - Davis and University of California, Santa Barbara. We also broke down what colleges provide the best overall education for a Research Associate. Students have a great path to earning their Research Associate qualifications at the following schools:

  1. Harvard University
  2. University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
  3. Columbia University in the City of New York

If you're interested in getting a college degree in an affordable college for Research Associates - Hunter College of the City University of New York is an excellent option for you. If your SAT or ACT score aren't as high as you'd like, you can look at Mount Saint Mary's University, as the admission requirements aren't too selective. On the other end of that spectrum are the Harvard University, Columbia University in the City of New York and University of Pennsylvania.

For those who would rather stay in your pajamas during the day, we prepared some online courses that can help in Research Associate education paths.

Common Certifications For A Research Associate

The Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) certification is most common among Research Associates. This certification is awarded by the The Society of Clinical Research Associates. The advanced certification is for more experienced employees as it often requires some work experience to acquire. To become a certified Research Associate with Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP), You need to pass the exam. This certificate requires more than two years of work experience. Renew certification every 3 year.

How long does it take to become a Research Associate?

Search For Research Associate Jobs

Research Associate Jobs

Research Associate Jobs

Learn More About Research Associate Jobs

Related Questions For Research Associate