Sr. Business Operations Manager
Hi, We're AppFolio.
We're innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We're more than just a software company - we're a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers' lives easier. We're revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You'll Do
The Business Operations team champions APM's strategic, cross-functional operating model with innovation, scale, and efficiency to achieve shared Objectives & Key Results. APM's operating model includes strategic & annual planning, pricing and packaging, product operations, and the operating rhythms of measure/learn/improve activities, tools, and communications needed to execute with purpose and speed.
We are seeking a Sr Business Operations Manager with strong Agile/Lean & SaaS experience to plan, design and pilot improvements to our operating model, and then deploy & scale them across the organization. This role will partner with cross-functional leaders from finance, analytics, people/HR, product development, customer experience, client services, sales and marketing to achieve our shared business outcomes.
* As a leader in Business Operations, you'll craft and manage solutions that engage cross-functional teams to achieve strategic business goals while modeling operational excellence in execution.
* Assess problem-spaces, share your POV and lead the organization to agree on prioritized outcomes with measurable targets of pace/progress.
* Back the prioritized outcomes and needs with adaptable execution plans of lightweight and thoughtful backlogs, estimates, role & resource plans, risk mitigation and change management activities.
* Coordinate & collaborate with cross-functional team members to design, test, measure & scale solutions that embody transparency, self-service, and clarity.
* Enable swift and sound business decisions during execution through the clear definition and regular review of progress/performance against targets.
* Contribute to the development of our Operational Excellence Community of Practice (OpsEx-COE) by creating templates, playbooks, best practices and training resources to be leveraged across the business and operations teams.
* In partnership with Analytics, Marketing and Segment Leaders, manage the annual segmentation program to understand the market, TAM and switching as key inputs to the annual planning process.
* In partnership with the Director of Pricing & Packaging, lead the coordination and execution of all pricing & packaging planning, research, reviews & deployments throughout the organization.
* Coordinate change management planning against operational initiatives in partnership with cross-functional business leaders, as needed, to ensure successful rollout with clear understanding of the "what" and the "why".
What We're Looking For
* Successful track-record of scaling and managing a portfolio of complex, cross-organizational programs with Agile/Lean methods in B2B SaaS, FinTech or PropTech environments.
* Deep expertise in both classic (eg. Waterfall, critical-path) and modern (eg. Agile, Lean, Kanban) execution methods and the pros/cons and best-use scenarios for both including their tools, activities, measures, artifacts.
* Experience creating and deploying new operating standards and rhythms, powered with insights and tools, applying change management to drive alignment and adoption.
* Strategic thinker and detail oriented problem solver that is highly self-motivated with bias for action.
* Demonstrated experience navigating and influencing in a matrixed organization without direct authority.
* Demonstrated business acumen with ability to dive into the details to understand business implications and define actions and recommendations and drive alignment and execution across business stakeholders.
* Strong communication skills with ability to translate complex issues into simple, actionable recommendations.
* Solution-oriented mindset focused on right-sized ways to solve problems.
* 7+ years managing complex improvement programs using measured Agile/Lean methods or equivalent experience.
* 2+ years managing cross-organizational improvement programs in a SaaS business (using Objectives & Key Results highly preferred)
* Experience implementing or executing within a strategic operating program/cadences (eg. MBRs, QBRs, strategic planning, pricing & packaging).
* Bachelor's degree required, MBA or equivalent experience is preferred.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.