Be part of a fast-paced, high energy, team as an early adopter and leader in the digital transformation of systems engineering. To engineer increasingly complex systems and capabilities, the government is transforming legacy systems engineering methods and processes. Central to the transformation is the adoption of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) as the means to manage complexity, increase engineering quality, and ultimately drive cost and schedule efficiencies into the acquisition process. As an industry leader in systems engineering, Arcfield is actively hiring MBSE modelers and subject matter experts to drive this transformation across the government. Arcfield is seeking candidates who can help lead the transformation through application of MBSE industry best practices, develop MBSE processes and methodologies to deliver effective mission solutions, and apply MBSE experience to modeling mission systems. For this position, the selected candidate is responsible for participating in the adoption of MBSE in both customer and company domains. Foundational to MBSE are tools, technologies, and methodologies that can collectively be called digital engineering. The selected candidate should demonstrate experience with industry MBSE tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Sr. Application Programmer
State of LA
Up to 90/hr
The two positions will provide Application support for OTS Customer Agency’s Civil Fines System. The Civil Fines System launched in December 2021 and serves the following functions:
The Civil Fines System was developed using the following technology and hosting:
The scope of the proposed services will include the following:
The duties of a Senior Application Programmer include, but are not limited to:
Expertise and/or relevant experience in the following areas are mandatory:
Expertise and/or relevant experience in the following areas are desirable but not mandatory:
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for all American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Windows Application Engineer for our client in the IT Services domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract to Hire position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12+ Months Contract to Hire
Salary: $55.00 to $63.00/Hourly
Role: Windows Application Engineer
Primary Skills: Windows Server
Role Description: The Windows Application Engineer must have at least 5+ years of experience.
- Configuring and supporting day-to-day application management tasks, such as troubleshooting issues, deploying changes, installing and configuring new custom and third-party applications, remediating application security vulnerabilities, and optimizing performance settings.
- Monitoring the health of applications and responding to alerts, such as service down, failed backup, slow response time, or full file systems.
- Working closely with application owners and software engineers to identify requirements, plan, and implement projects, such as installing new custom applications with web services, database components, data hosting, and load balancing.
- Automating day-to-day processes and creating self-service capabilities to empower software developers and application owners to perform routine maintenance tasks such as renewing TLS certificates, changing service account passwords, and rebooting application servers.
- Researching and recommending innovative approaches for application hosting to modernize the customers hosting environment and speed up time to deliver.
- Documenting day-to-day administrative processes and configuration information about the customers applications.
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS or equivalent and five years related experience
- Experience managing and configuring Windows applications using F5 BigIP application delivery services such as load balancing, advanced web application firewalls (AWAF), and access policy manager (APM)
- Experience developing and implementing continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines to deploy infrastructure and applications using tools such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, or GitHub Actions
- Experience creating, applying and troubleshooting TLS or SSL certificates for web servers, such as IIS, Tomcat, Apache, or nginx
- Experience with access and authentication technologies, such as LDAP, SimpleSAML, or Kerberos
- Experience designing and implementing technologies following NIST standards, such as SP 800-53, SP 800-190, and SP 500-291
- Strong scripting experience with PowerShell, Python, Bash, Java, or Ruby
- Experience analyzing solutions components, understanding systems integration challenges, and identifying technology gaps in current components that must be resolved to reach future performance targets and functionality requirements
- Able to clearly present ideas to both technical and non-technical users and staff to further the adoption of DevOps
- Ability to get and maintain a Public Trust security clearance level
- Experience with infrastructure as code and automation/configuration management using either Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation or Chef, Puppet, and Ansible to define infrastructure standards and deploy services
- Experience with commonly used services, such as AWS EC2, S3, Route 53, RDS, and IAM
- Experience breaking down monolithic applications into microservices and Docker containers
- Experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting applications on MS IIS v7.5, v8.5 and v10
- Experience managing and configuring content management systems, such as Moodle or Drupal 7.x & 8.x, and data visualization platforms, such as Tableau, or commercial software to support scientific research such as FreezerPro or REES Centron Presidio
Education: Any/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum 5+ years of experience
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Note: Must be able to work on a W2 basis
Recruiter Name: Megha Kala
Recruiter Phone: 412-808-0879
Equal Employment Opportunity
Are you and experience injection molding engineer or tooling specialist working in Southern CA and interested in a remote role with a world class tooling manufacturer. If so keep reading and apply. The candidate will work closely with the applications engineers and use strong project management skills to drive results and increase customer satisfaction. He/she will work on specifically defined projects, provide a high volume of training and presentations to customers as well as attend technical conferences and fairs. In addition, he/she will be responsible in evaluating the market for new applications where our products and services can provide new solutions. This position is a remote position and can be based anywhere in southern California.
Urgent Requirement_DevOps Application Engineer_Santa Clara, CA (Remote due to Covid)_Contractual
Hope & Pray that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy !!
Hope You're doing great today !!
We are constantly on the lookout for professionals to fulfill the staffing needs of our clients and we currently have a job opening that may interest you. Below is a summary of the positions.
Role: DevOps Application Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA (Remote due to Covid)
Required Experience: min 8-10 years
Based on recent jobs postings on Zippia, the average salary in the U.S. for an Application Engineer is $91,442 per year or $44 per hour. The highest paying Application Engineer jobs have a salary over $123,000 per year while the lowest paying Application Engineer jobs pay $67,000 per year
Project managers oversee a specific project related to the organization's business. They manage the whole project from inception to evaluation. They initiate planning with involved departments, follow-through on the plans, ensure smooth execution of the plans, and evaluate the project for further improvements should these be needed. In line with this, project managers also ensure that the project is cost-efficient and well within the budget. They also manage the different work teams involved in the project and ensure that things are running smoothly on this aspect as well.
A sales engineer is responsible for assisting customers with their technical equipment and advanced scientific product needs. Sales engineers must have excellent knowledge of the scientific processes and component functions of the products they're selling to deliver presentations and orient the customers. Sales engineers' duties also include troubleshooting, identifying product defects, and upgrading systems for better optimization. They are also responsible for analyzing cost estimates documents, performing adjustments as needed, process payments, arranging deliveries, and settling customers' complaints by replacing damaged items or doing refunds.
Consultants are individuals who were tapped by a company or an organization to work on a specific activity, depending on their field of expertise. They act as guides for the organization in undertaking projects that are related to their field. Consultants would usually assist organizations in planning, often giving advice when the need arises. They would, at times, take the lead in activities that involve data gathering and interpretation of data gathering results so that they can provide solid recommendations on actions that the organization may undertake. They may also guide the organization in implementing any changes brought about by their consultancy and in evaluating the effectiveness of the changes.
A mechanical design engineer specializes in designing various mechanical devices that will be vital in developing machinery or large structures. One of their primary responsibilities revolves around conducting thorough research and analysis, establishing layouts and prototypes, producing progress reports, and working alongside fellow engineers and skilled professionals. Typically assigned in an office setting, a mechanical design engineer must visit construction sites or factories to test and observe equipment qualities. Furthermore, during production, there are instances when a mechanical engineer must coordinate with suppliers, contractors, and clients.
Applications engineering managers are engineering professionals who are responsible for managing the daily activities of application engineers that review the technical needs of their customers. These managers are required to contribute to the design and development of applications while ensuring on-time completion of these projects and within budget. They must develop technical support procedures manual while implementing the first formal alpha and beta test program in the organization. Applications engineering managers must provide input about the enhancements and development of products.
Yes, an applications engineer is a real engineer. Application engineers typically need a bachelor's degree in a technical discipline such as engineering, IT, or computer science. Experience with programming languages, development, and designing enterprise programs are also needed to work as an applications engineer.
Yes, being an applications engineer is a good job. Being an applications engineer is a good job because this high-demand career has high job satisfaction, pays well, and offers significant room to grow professionally.