Targa Resources Corp.
Requirements Engineer Job in Watford City, ND
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Embody integrity, accountability, initiative, and respect in all correspondence and tasks performed
* Candidate will perform both process engineering and project engineering tasks, including:
* Create process models to identify safe operating limits, define system/equipment bottlenecks, and troubleshoot/optimize operations. Continuously review assets to enhance safety, mechanical reliability, operational flexibility, and capacity
* Leverage compressor selection and hydraulic software packages to forecast infrastructure needs for compression, pipeline, and processing plants
* Manage facility projects throughout the entire project lifecycle, including: scoping, estimating, AFE creation, bid package development, material procurement, contract/PO/WO awards, forecasting spend, answering contractor requests-for-information, startup/commissioning, closure, and performing lessons learned to continuously improve
* Engage commercial, construction, operation, ES&H, and ROW teams to scope pipeline, compressor station, field dehydration/treating, and gas plant projects. Perform engineering economics (IRR, NPV, etc.) to estimate project viability
* Size, specify, and select process/mechanical equipment, including towers, separators, exchangers, heaters, pumps, compressors, turboexpanders, instrumentation, relief devices, etc.
* Collaborate with construction and operations to ensure work is performed with best-in-class safety, compliance, quality, efficiency, cost, and schedule
* Turnover ready-for-service assets to operations with consistent, electronic design and construction records
* Furnish on-site support for project design reviews, project pre- and post-startup/commissioning activities, hazard assessments, audits, and ongoing troubleshooting/performance tests
* Provide ongoing (day-to-day) operational and EH&S support, including performing engineering tasks required for OSHA-PSM and DOT-192/5 compliance
* Possess fundamental knowledge of midstream gas gathering and processing operations, including pig liquids handling, compression, glycol and desiccant dehydration, treating, hydrocarbon recovery, and condensate stabilization
* Develop a working knowledge of codes, standards, regulations, and best practices applicable to the midstream industry (including API, ASME B31.3/4/8 and VIII, DOT 192/5, NFPA, etc.)
* Communicate effectively with internal and external team members (including safety, environmental, operations, construction, commercial, land/ROW, 3rd party contractors, etc.)
* Build strong relationships with operations, commercial, and construction counterparts by proactively finding and executing on solutions that maximize business unit value
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
* BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from 4-year accredited university
* 2+ years of relevant experience in natural gas gathering, compression, processing, transportation, and/or fractionation
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Teams, and Excel
* Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside the company
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Willingness and eagerness to travel away from the home office, overnight, 30% of the time, with the understanding that occasional circumstances may necessitate additional travel (e.g. in-person hazard assessments and startup/commissioning activities).
* Regular and reliable attendance
* 5+ years of relevant experience in natural gas gathering, compression, processing, transportation, and/or fractionation
* Experience with acid gas handling and process equipment
* Pipeline modeling experience with NextGen
* Experience with common vent/flare header sizing (e.g. using FlareNet)
* Proficiency in Microsoft Project
* 2+ years of experience in project engineering and/or project management
* Strong Excel skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds
* Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment
* Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
* Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, hard hat, FRC)
* The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Targa Resources provides equal employment opportunities based on merit, experience, and other work-related criteria and without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also strive to provide reasonable accommodation to employees' beliefs and practices that do not conflict with Targa's policies and applicable law. We value the unique contributions that every employee brings to their role with Targa.