What Does An Assistant Chief Engineer Do At Sinclair Broadcast Group
* Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned* Maintain and repair transmitters (AM, FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors and display systems* Provide budget information to support the implementation of new systems* Provide technical support to operational users* Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required* Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD documentation on all work performed on technical systems* Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
What Does An Assistant Chief Engineer Do At Peter Kazella & Associates, Inc.
* Operate and Manage both routine and emergency service on a variety of state of the art critical systems such as: medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, fire detection / suppression; building monitoring systems (BMS), building Automated Systems (BAS) ; etc* Supervise the on-site management of sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work is performed according to established practices and procedures.* Manage local client relationship and act as the point of contact for the company at this site.* Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.* Work with IT managers and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency.* Create, utilize and administer MOPs , SOPs, and Preventative Maintenance Procedures for all work on critical data center facility equipment.* Schedule work activities, within specified change control / management protocol.* Maintain a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99* uptime
What Does An Assistant Chief Engineer Do At Crockett Facilities Services, Inc.
* Controls the daily operation of all mechanical equipment in the physical plant and buildings* Performs maintenance and repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep these systems up to applicable standards* Monitors operations and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment, boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment, pumps, valves, piping and filters, other mechanical and electrical equipment.* Performs advanced troubleshooting of Building Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems with little or no supervision.* Maintains maintenance logs and records.* Performs preventative maintenance tasks in a timely manner.* Complies with all policies and procedures established for the building.* Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.* Performs all work using the proper safety equipment and in a safe manner* Other duties as assigned* PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS:* Follows all safety procedures* No unscheduled downtime occurs that could have been detected during routine maintenance* Follows maintenance and testing schedules* Majority of the users say the temperature is comfortable* Takes the extra time and care to make sure the job looks good, is easy to maintain later and isn’t likely to have problems
What Does An Assistant Chief Engineer Do At Marriott
* Respond and attend to guest repair requests.* Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues.* Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.* Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.* Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio).* Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and utility shut-offs for buildings.* Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.* Assure each days activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.* Display thorough knowledge of building systems, emergency response, and building documentation including reading standard blue prints and electrical schematics concerning plumbing and HVAC.* Display advanced engineering operations skills and general mechanical ability.* Display professional journey level expertise in at least three of the following areas with basic skills in the remaining: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and finish skills, mechanical, general building management, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, and/or energy conservation.* Display solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks.* Safely perform highly complex repairs of the physical property, electrical, plumbing and mechanical equipment, air conditioners, refrigeration and pool heaters - ensuring all methods, materials and practices meet company standards and Local and National codes - with little or no supervision.* Perform routine inspections of the entire property, noting safety hazards, lack of illumination, down equipment (such as ice makers, fans, extractors, pumps), and take immediate corrective action.* Inspect and repair all mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: appliances, HVAC, electrical and plumbing components, diagnose and repair of boilers, pumps and related components.* Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.* Display thorough knowledge of maintenance contracts and vendors.* Display advanced knowledge of engineering computer programs related to preventative maintenance, energy management, and other systems, including devices that interact with such programs.* Perform advanced troubleshooting of hotel Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems.* Display the ability to train and mentor other engineers (e.g., Engineers I, II, and III) as necessary and supervise work in progress and act in a supervisory role in the absence of supervisors and/or management.* Display ability to perform Engineer on Duty responsibilities, including readings and rounds.* Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.* Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.* Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.* Adhere to quality expectations and standards.* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.* Speak with others using clear and professional language.* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.* Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.* Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.* Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.* Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.* To apply now, go to: https://marriott.taleo.Net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1800041Y Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others.* Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.* Chat, engage and follow us on social media. www.facebook.com/marriottjobsandcareers www.twitter.com/marriottcareers www.linkedin
What Does An Assistant Chief Engineer Do At CBRE
* Manages the building's operational accounts and assists in development of operating and capital budgets.* Assists in operations and maintenance issues, troubleshooting and problem solving as required.* Recommends and implements improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an on-going basis and develop/maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.* Coordinates maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel and technicians.* Oversees all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues and must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.* Maintains on-going communication with tenants, clients, owners, facility management team and vendors.* May assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management contracts.* Coordinates development and maintenance of as-built drawings.* Responds to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.* Implements and administers inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.* Develops specifications and assists in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts.* Establishes and monitors programs to ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency and company directives as relates to building operations.* Performs other duties as assigned.* SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES* Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area.* Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.* Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval.* Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime.* Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff.* Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.* Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.* At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands.* Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale.* Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. _Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE._* CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.* As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries.* When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere.* We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity.* Visit CBRE.com at http://www.cbre.com/ .* With a network across the globe, our Asset Services professionals leverage global best practices and real-time data to improve building operational performance.* Our team collaborates across a complete spectrum of integrated services to help our clients achieve optimal asset and portfolio management.* We strategically position assets in the most diverse markets, through the most challenging market conditions—making significant investments each year in our service platform to deliver cutting-edge solutions.* Continuing education helps our employees advance their industry knowledge, allowing us to attract and retain top talent.* And, we employ the highest industry standards in all of our processes to ensure regulatory compliance, consistency and service excellence