Assistant Service Manager Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for assistant service managers in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 72,834 assistant service managers currently employed in the United States.
- 29.5% of all assistant service managers are women, while only 67.7% are men.
- The average age of an employed assistant service manager is 46 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of assistant service managers is White (64.3%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (17.0%) and Black or African American (10.6%).
- The majority of assistant service managers are located in TX, Houston and NY, New York.
- Assistant service managers are most in-demand in Las Vegas, NV.
- Assistant service managers are paid an average annual salary of $64,715.
- New York, NY pays an annual average wage of $74,939, the highest in the US.
- Assistant service managers average starting salary is $47,000.
- In 2021, women earned 92% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid assistant service managers earn as much as $88,000 or more.
- New York is the best state for assistant service managers to live.
- Assistant service managers are more likely to work at private companies in comparison to public companies.
Assistant Service Manager Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Assistant Service Manager
Women Earn 92¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Assistant Service Manager Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the assistant service manager position over time.
Assistant Service Manager Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, chief order dispatcher and field service supervisor have the biggest difference in gender.
|Dental Office Manager||12%||85%|
|Front Office Administrator||12%||84%|
|Assistant Service Manager||68%||29%|
|Chief Service Observer||82%||9%|
|Field Service Supervisor||85%||13%|
|Chief Order Dispatcher||90%||10%|
Assistant Service Manager Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among assistant service managers is White, which makes up 64.3% of all assistant service managers. Comparatively, there are 17.0% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 10.6% of the Black or African American ethnicity.
- White, 64.3%
- Hispanic or Latino, 17.0%
- Black or African American, 10.6%
- Asian, 5.5%
- Unknown, 2.1%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.5%
Assistant Service Manager Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among assistant service managers.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Assistant Service Manager Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of an Assistant Service Manager
We determined the average age of assistant service managers based on ethnicity and gender.
Assistant Service Manager Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of assistant service manager employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of assistant service managers is 40+ years old, which represents 69% of the population.
Types of Assistant Service Manager Degree Levels
Assistant Service Manager Wage Gap By Education
Assistant Service Manager Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ assistant service managers. We found that the most common company type is private. In addition, the industry that employs the most assistant service managers is the retail industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire assistant service managers.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Assistant Service Manager Work In
Employees with the assistant service manager job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most assistant service managers prefer to work at private companies over public companies.
Top Industries Hiring Assistant Service Managers
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ assistant service managers. Those industries include retail, hospitality and automotive.
Assistant Service Manager Turnover And Employment Statistics
Assistant Service Manager Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of assistant service managers changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Assistant Service Manager Stay in a Job
By looking over 11,969 assistant service managers resumes, we figured out that the average assistant service manager enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 36%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of Assistant Service Managers with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to assistant service managers.
|Customer Service Expert||12.31%|
|Assistant Service Manager||13.28%|
Foreign Languages Spoken By Assistant Service Managers
The most common foreign language among assistant service managers is Spanish at 66.1%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 7.2% and Carrier is the third-most popular at 3.2%.
- Spanish, 66.1%
- French, 7.2%
- Carrier, 3.2%
- German, 2.8%
- Italian, 2.8%
- Other, 17.9%