The work experience section of a resume is all about highlighting the achievements that an employer would want to see.
To avoid going over one page, only include the most important examples from your work history that would be relevant to
the employer, and keep them in chronological order. Here are some examples from different Assistant Swim Coaches:
Water Safety Instructor
- Certified in CPR and as a Lifeguard, with the responsibility to insure customer safety.
- Supervised campers and maintained safety and provided swim instruction and lifeguarding
Recertified in CPR/First Aid/AED
- Certified Lifeguard, Current in CPR and First Aid, Swim Lesson Instructor
- Certified in CPR/AED Oct. 2011 - present
Certified in Administering Emergency Oxygen Oct. 2011 - present
- Organized Schedules and lesson plans
* Taught preschool and Levels 1 and 2 girls gymnastics
* Created a safe enjoyable learning environment
Water Safety Instructor
- Maintain order and discipline among YMCA guests
Examine injured individuals; administer CPR, AED or Oxygen.
- Maintained CPR/AED and Lifeguarding certifications as required.
- Certified Swim Instructor
Certified in CPR and First Aid
- Certified in CPR/AED, First Aid, and Oxygen
- Rescue swimmers in danger of drowning, administer first aid and CPR.
Assistant Swim Coach
The University of Tampa
- Oversee the safety of 48 boys separated via the Middle School and Varsity Soccer programs.
- Complied with the NCAA college rules and regulations at all times.
- Coached The University of Rio Grande's Men's Cross Country team to a Conference Championship and NAIA Nationals.
- Coached volleyball, Taught volleyball class and all kind of PE classes
- Teach the fundamentals, rules, and techniques for playing softball.
Laboratory Research Assistant
UNIV OF MISSOURI KANSAS CITY
- Analyze data using SPSS software and independently graph and interpret results.
- Assist with research up to 28 hours per week in lab on experimental studies of learning in Drosophila melanogaster.
- Zinc dependent protein-protein interactions and function of the Metal-responsive Transcription Factor 1.
- Study on synthesis of fluoroauxin.
- Used Spring JDBC to communicate with the MySQL database.
We compared 3,310 sample assistant swim coach resumes with job offers and found that the average years of experience required for an assistant swim coach job required by employers is 1.0 years.
How much work experience do employers want to see?
The average assistant swim coach job listing asks for 1.0 years of work experience.
How much work experience does the average assistant swim coach candidate have?
The average assistant swim coach resume contains 1.0 years of work experience.
Write your work experience section in a way that embraces your assistant swim coach skills.
Sounds easier said than done? Take a look at how other people have done it. Below are real
examples from assistant swim coach resumes that people have included in their work experience
section to demonstrate their knowledge of key skills: