Respiratory Therapist Carle Medical Supply
The Carle Medical Supply (CMS) Registered Respiratory Therapist educates clients and/or caregivers on use, cleaning, and maintenance of home respiratory equipment. Proficient in respiratory assessment, CPR, airway management, and has knowledge of respiratory disease processes. Represents CMS as a leader in home medical equipment, products, and services through product knowledge, customer service, and patient, caregiver, and staff education.
* Consults with referring physicians concerning quality of patient care by answering questions and/or making suggestions as appropriate.
* Coordinates patient care with physicians, nurses, discharge planners, appropriate internal departments, patients, and care givers to develope an appropriate plan of care for patients.
* Educates patients and/or caregivers, as appropriate for care and services being provided.
* Effectively evaluate the results of patient respiratory care delivered per care plans.
* Insures quality control and infection control by following departmental policies and procedures.
* Maintains adequate inventory of respiratory equipment and related supplies.
* Maintains and processes patient records accurately and expediently, per policy.
* Markets Carle Medical Supply to internal and external referral sources in a professional manner.
* Participates in on-call rotations based on employment status.
* Performs oxygen saturations as needed.
* Provides preventive maintenance and minor repair work on respiratory equipment as qualified to do so.
* Serves as a resource for respiratory care product information.
* Trains additional staff as required and qualified.
* Utilizes the automated service order on a routine bases, using the manual service order only when automation is not feasible. Process paperwork per policy in a timely manner.
$47k-69k yearly est.