Auditor/Quality Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for auditors/quality in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 37,548 auditors/quality currently employed in the United States.
- 53.7% of all auditors/quality are women, while only 40.8% are men.
- The average age of an employed auditor/quality is 44 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of auditors/quality is White (68.1%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (10.7%) and Asian (9.9%).
- The majority of auditors/quality are located in TN, Memphis and MI, Grand Rapids.
- Auditors/quality are most in-demand in Atlanta, GA.
- Auditors/quality are paid an average annual salary of $31,608.
- Shelton, CT pays an annual average wage of $38,491, the highest in the US.
- Auditors/quality average starting salary is $23,000.
- In 2021, women earned 95% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid auditors/quality earn as much as $41,000 or more.
- Connecticut is the best state for auditors/quality to live.
- Auditors/quality are more likely to work at private companies in comparison to public companies.
Auditor/Quality Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Auditor/Quality
Women Earn 95¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Auditor/Quality Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the auditor/quality position over time.
Auditor/Quality Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, renewable energy system finance specialist and audit partner have the biggest difference in gender.
|Loan Processing Supervisor||22%||74%|
|Chartered Finance Analyst||73%||11%|
|Renewable Energy System Finance Specialist||84%||13%|
Auditor/Quality Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among auditors/quality is White, which makes up 68.1% of all auditors/quality. Comparatively, there are 10.7% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 9.9% of the Asian ethnicity.
- White, 68.1%
- Hispanic or Latino, 10.7%
- Asian, 9.9%
- Black or African American, 9.0%
- Unknown, 1.9%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.4%
Auditor/Quality Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among auditors/quality.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Auditor/Quality Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of an Auditor/Quality
We determined the average age of auditors/quality based on ethnicity and gender.
Auditor/Quality Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of auditor/quality employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of auditors/quality is 40+ years old, which represents 61% of the population.
Types of Auditor/Quality Degree Levels
The most common degree for auditors/quality is bachelor's degree 39% of auditors/quality earn that degree. A close second is associate degree with 23% and rounding it off is high school diploma with 20%.
- Bachelors, 39%
- Associate, 23%
- High School Diploma, 20%
- Diploma, 7%
- Other Degrees, 11%
Auditor/Quality Jobs You Might Like
Auditor/Quality Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ auditors/quality. We found that the most common company type is private. In addition, the industry that employs the most auditors/quality is the manufacturing industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire auditors/quality.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Auditor/Quality Work In
Employees with the auditor/quality job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most auditors/quality prefer to work at private companies over public companies.
Top Industries Hiring Auditor/Qualitys
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ auditors/quality. Those industries include manufacturing, technology and automotive.
Auditor/Quality Turnover And Employment Statistics
Auditor/Quality Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of auditors/quality changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Auditor/Quality Stay in a Job
By looking over 5,654 auditors/quality resumes, we figured out that the average auditor/quality enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 31%.
Foreign Languages Spoken By Auditor/Qualitys
The most common foreign language among auditors/quality is Spanish at 63.3%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 7.0% and German is the third-most popular at 3.9%.
- Spanish, 63.3%
- French, 7.0%
- German, 3.9%
- Japanese, 3.1%
- Polish, 3.1%
- Other, 19.6%