Business Analyst III (Healthcare Analytics)
Business Analyst Job in Columbia, MO
You could be the one who changes everything for our 26 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you'll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Position Purpose: Evaluate data and insights from extensive and integrated data sets to enable data-driven decision making to reduce overall cost of care and improve clinical outcomes for members. Work collaboratively with key business stakeholders to identify areas of value, develop solutions, and deliver insights.
- Support business initiatives through data analysis, identification of implementation barriers, and development of documentation and project planning.
- Perform detailed analysis on assigned projects, recommend potential business solutions and assist with implementation
- Identify ways to enhance performance management and operational reports
- Support identification of and incorporate organizational best practices into business applications and processes
- Lead problem solving and coordination efforts between various business units
- Assist with formulating and updating departmental policies and procedures
- Serve as a subject matter expert on assigned functions, products, or analytic domains in support of strategic objectives
- Provide process and requirements guidance to junior analysts
Bachelor's degree in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, public health, health informatics, healthcare administration, finance or related field or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred. 4+ years of experience business process, data analysis, or requirements analysis. Healthcare, analytics delivery, project management, and/or IT experience preferred. Working knowledge of SQL/querying languages. Preferred knowledge of programmatic coding languages such as Python and R. Knowledge of basic statistical, analytical, or data mining techniques including basic data modeling, trend analysis, and root-cause analysis preferred. Ability to integrate, validate, and reconcile data from multiple sources as well as design and construct analysis tools that extract, prepare, analyze, and store/present results to support business needs. Preferred knowledge of modern business intelligence and visualization tools including Microsoft PowerBI. Direct Knowledge of FACETS system / Greenplum database a plus.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.