The Watch Officer performs a wide variety of technical tasks in support of operations, production and test environments. Supports and provides Tier I (Help Desk) and Tier II (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Observes, analyzes and reports data; and when appropriate makes necessary repairs to equipment. Utilizes various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of assigned tasks. This position requires shift work.
* Must have an active/current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
* Must be able to obtain DHS program suitability prior to starting employment.
* Bachelor's degree with 2 years of relevant experience.
* Experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following: Solaris, AIX, Red Hat, IRIS, Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, 2003), VMware, SharePoint, Citrix.
* Experience with monitoring system health and status.
* Experience documenting problems and resolutions through a tracking program.
* Experience performing various administrative duties and provide technical assistance, with the supervision of a team leader to remotely located users.
* Tier I experience: General troubleshooting, triage, or performance of specific tasks (i.e. user account creation, password resets/unlocks, share drive access, remote software installations).
* Must be able to work shift schedule
* Experience interfacing with the following groups: software development, testing, integration, deployment, sustainment, maintenance, etc.
* Experience working in an Agile environment desired
* Experience with ITIL methodology desired.
* Experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following shell scripts: Bourne, C, Krone, Bash, Perl, etc.
$45k-88k yearly est.