B2B Sales Representatives Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for b2b sales representatives in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 892,093 b2b sales representatives currently employed in the United States.
- 32.6% of all b2b sales representatives are women, while only 64.2% are men.
- The average age of an employed b2b sales representatives is 46 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of b2b sales representatives is White (76.8%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (13.1%) and Asian (4.6%).
- The majority of b2b sales representatives are located in NY, New York and TX, Houston.
- B2b sales representatives are most in-demand in New York, NY.
- B2b sales representatives are paid an average annual salary of $50,767.
- Seattle, WA pays an annual average wage of $63,689, the highest in the US.
- B2b sales representatives average starting salary is $39,000.
- In 2021, women earned 95% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid b2b sales representatives earn as much as $65,000 or more.
- Wisconsin is the best state for b2b sales representatives to live.
- B2b sales representatives are more likely to work at private companies in comparison to public companies.
B2B Sales Representatives Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For B2B Sales Representatives
Women Earn 95¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
B2B Sales Representatives Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the b2b sales representatives position over time.
B2B Sales Representatives Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, outside parts sales and factory representative have the biggest difference in gender.
|Avon Sales Representative||9%||87%|
|Inside Sales Assistant||22%||74%|
|B2B Sales Representatives||64%||33%|
|Commercial Equipment And Supplies Sales Representative||85%||10%|
|Outside Parts Sales||88%||9%|
B2B Sales Representatives Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among b2b sales representatives is White, which makes up 76.8% of all b2b sales representatives. Comparatively, there are 13.1% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 4.6% of the Asian ethnicity.
- White, 76.8%
- Hispanic or Latino, 13.1%
- Asian, 4.6%
- Black or African American, 3.8%
- Unknown, 1.5%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.2%
B2B Sales Representatives Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among b2b sales representatives.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
B2B Sales Representatives Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a B2B Sales Representatives
We determined the average age of b2b sales representatives based on ethnicity and gender.
B2B Sales Representatives Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of b2b sales representatives employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of b2b sales representatives is 40+ years old, which represents 68% of the population.
Types of B2B Sales Representatives Degree Levels
B2B Sales Representatives Wage Gap By Education
B2B Sales Representatives Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ b2b sales representatives. We found that the most common company type is private. In addition, the industry that employs the most b2b sales representatives is the retail industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire b2b sales representatives.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies B2B Sales Representatives Work In
Employees with the b2b sales representatives job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most b2b sales representatives prefer to work at private companies over public companies.
Top Industries Hiring B2B Sales Representativeses
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ b2b sales representatives. Those industries include retail, technology and professional.
B2B Sales Representatives Turnover And Employment Statistics
B2B Sales Representatives Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of b2b sales representatives changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That B2B Sales Representatives Stay in a Job
By looking over 1,093 b2b sales representatives resumes, we figured out that the average b2b sales representatives enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 40%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of B2B Sales Representativess with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to b2b sales representatives.
|B2B Sales Representatives||10.18%|
|Sales Support Supervisor||11.59%|
Foreign Languages Spoken By B2B Sales Representativess
The most common foreign language among b2b sales representatives is Spanish at 46.2%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is German at 10.3% and French is the third-most popular at 7.7%.
- Spanish, 46.2%
- German, 10.3%
- French, 7.7%
- Portuguese, 5.1%
- Chinese, 5.1%
- Other, 25.6%