Director Medical Surgical
Medical Director Job in Andalusia, AL
• Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the customer experience in inpatient services.
• Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives
• Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
• Have a bias toward action, and feel confident about trying new initiatives instead of fearing failure
• Hold self and others accountable for all aspects of professionalism, respect, and courtesy
• Demonstrate ability to effectively manage multiple demands including appropriately fulfilling work commitments while balancing appropriate community involvement
• Coaches staff providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence-based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals, thereby creating and fostering an environment that encourages professional growth.
• Participate in employee and patient rounding Identifies and mentor potential future leaders
• Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives
• Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
• -Empower the people that demonstrate talent and positive attitude to assume leadership roles regardless of their formal "rank"
• -Value the diversity of ideas and creativity of employees, physicians, and patients
• -Engage in leadership development and in career and succession planning
• Enforces standards of care for Medical surgical area and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing medical surgical service program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Responsible for department's operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards which integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
• Accepts accountability for personal actions and for those within your area of responsibility Own the results, learn from, and address suboptimal outcomes.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
• Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes, and defends capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization's financial resources.
• Ensures that patient charges for supplies and all other resources used by the patients in the unit or related to the department's services are complete, accurate, and are posted timely
• Advances the growth agenda for Medical Surgical Services.
• Strives to become the hospital of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
• Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
• Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.