Stocker Job in Washington, DC
The Stock Associate is responsible for maximizing selling potential by ensuring the efficient and effective flow of merchandise from the stockroom to the sales floor The Stock Associate is accountable for delivering on all aspects of stockroom standard operating procedures (SOP) and achieving the brand standards for shipment processing, replenishment, markdowns and merchandising. The Stock Associate is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience
REPORTS TO: Store Management Team or Stock Lead (where applicable)
* Consistently achieve brand productivity standards for shipment processing, replenishment, markdowns and merchandising through utilizing the company tools and resources.
* Maintain stockroom standard operating procedures (SOP) to support efficient and effective handling and placement of merchandise, visual props, marketing and fixtures in order to maximize sales and productivity.
* Execute efficient and effective shipment processing by following processing and placement guidelines; track and communicate units per hour productivity to store leadership.
* Support, understand and adhere to Todd Snyder visual standards in order to maximize merchandise presentations when flowing product from the stockroom to the sales floor.
* Partner with store leadership to ensure all aspects of replenishment are properly executed to include Fill the Floor, power closes, power opens and merchandise adjustments.
* Communicate merchandising opportunities to store leadership as identified through replenishing size specific quantities throughout the store: recommend and execute merchandising adjustments in compliance with Todd Snyder visual standards.
* Execute markdowns and re-ticketing in the stockroom and on the sales floor; update store leadership on compliance.
* Partner with store leadership to complete stock transfers and process damages.
* Consistently provide support to fellow employees through sharing of knowledge, helping to complete tasks and/or assisting in customer interactions.
* Engage in, maintain and support safety standards on sales floor and in the stockroom; communicate safety concerns to store leadership.
* Aware of and follows Loss Prevention policies; advises management of any unusual internal or external activity
* Understand and adhere to all company policy and procedures.
* Previous stock experience preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills specifically with customers, sales leadership team and associates
* Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
* Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
* Ability to stand and move about for extended periods of time with only short rest breaks; reach, bend, stoop, etc. to handle products
* Available to work a flexible schedule to include early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast‐paced and deadline‐oriented environment
* Ability to lift cartons weighing up to 25lbs.
* Ability to perform all Essential Job Functions
* Proficient with technology
* Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to relevant experience and location.
* Subject to eligibility requirements, associates may be eligible to receive paid sick leave and AEO may provide REAL rewards at its discretion.
* Paid Time Off, paid sick leave, and holiday pay vary by job level and type, job location, employment classification (part-time or full-time / exempt or non-exempt), and years of service. For additional information, please click here.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity ("EEO") laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual's race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or partnership status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.
$29k-35k yearly est.