Church & Dwight
Custodian Job in Brick, NJ
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Hands-on position coordinating a crew of employees responsible for insuring daily housekeeping of administrative office areas, conference rooms, laboratory, cafeteria, lobby, bathrooms, production floor, outside grounds, and Security Office. Also oversees recycling of packaging components, laboratory recycling, cardboard baling, compactor area, moving furniture and floor buffing equipment.
· Inventories all housekeeping supplies in designated cage area and provides supervisor with reorder requirements.
· Waxes all floors including administrative hallways, large conference rooms, labs, security office, etc. Maintains floor scrubber and buffer machines and schedules regular floor cleaning activities.
· Maintains staff and schedule to ensure the following housekeeping activities:
· Cleans plant worksite grounds and empties outside trash and recycling containers
· Cleans air conditioning vents and fans and plant windows
· Cleans, dusts, vacuums, bathrooms, offices, cafeteria, lobby, conference rooms, Security office, etc.
· Empties trash bins /trash cans and cleans them for packaging lines
· Recycling and baling of cardboard, paper, plastic, glass, shrink film, aluminum cans, tubes and laboratory glassware
· Delivers copy paper to required offices
· Inventories second floor coffee machine and keeps it clean and full
· Responsible for organizing the physical relocation of furniture, boxes, etc as well as setting-up and tear-down of furniture for meetings & training sessions.
· Demonstrates good interpersonal skills with employees at all levels
· Maintains good attendance and is willing to work extra hours
· Trains temporary employees to operate compactor, baler, floor scrubbers, and conduct general cleaning duties, in and around plant worksite.
· Restock supplies such as hairnet dispensers
· Maintains property accountability for assigned equipment used to perform duties
· Participates in all job related safety training and personally complies with all safety policies and procedures.
· Will receive general orientation, job specific, and refresher training relative to the hazardous chemicals they may handle in the course of performing their jobs.
· Will comply with all NJ laws and company policies
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor based on business need.
Identify functions that are desirable, but not required of the job. Applicants cannot be rejected based on their inability to perform a non-essential function of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Prior experience using motorized power trucks and forklift certification are preferred
· Ability to read, write and speak basic English
· Ability to take and follow directions
Educations and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED equivalent. . 3-5 years work experience in a manufacturing/ production line environment or conducting general housekeeping/maintenance activities.
· Climb stairs and ladders
· Pass a lumbar test and demonstrate the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Must wear gloves, dust mask, safety shoes, hairnet, safety glasses, hearing protection and any other Personal Protective Equipment as required
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
PandoLogic. Keywords: Custodian, Location: Brick, NJ - 08724