The Mentor Network
Bay Minette, AL
Alabama MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network provides services for children, adolescents and teens with social, emotional and behavioral challenges as well as other complex needs. Through our wide range of flexible programs, we use a partnership approach with families and Mentors to offer individualized therapeutic services.
Foster Care Therapist
Do you have experience in human services and want to work for a company that actively improves the lives of the individuals it serves?
In the Therapist role, you will provide intensive in-home therapy to children, teens and families.
* Conduct psychosocial assessments to document the history and identify preliminary issues for treatment by interviewing the child and family (if applicable), and transcribing or dictating relevant information for the child's records.
* Provide therapy, family support, and crisis interventions to an individual, family, and/or group using various treatment modalities as outlined in state/local contracts and/or state licensing standards.
* Provide mental health consultation to stakeholders and treatment team members.
* Develop individualized treatment plans in coordination with an interdisciplinary team
* Work with members of the interdisciplinary team to coordinate other treatment initiatives including school performance, permanency, and reunification planning.
* Develop and coordinate discharge plans based on treatment, indicating all relevant aftercare needs and plans.
* Conduct educational groups for children, families, and foster parents.
* Prepare and train the child's biological or legal parents to resume care of their child when reunification is the goal (if applicable to the population being served).
* Conduct regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings with the person served and caretaker to monitor progress and discuss treatment strategies and services.
* Maintain current, legible, and adequate medical rec
$27k-42k yearly est.