Location: Central City, KY
Experience: Entry Level
Nearly a century after opening our doors, Beall's Inc. continues to serve our communities with the spirit of pride and appreciation first shown by Robert M. Beall back in 1915. In 1987, with the start of the Outlet business in retail, his son E.R.Beall decided to open the first Beall's Outlet in Florida. The concept was a hit and the Outlet division has been growing ever since. Currently within the Beall's Inc. portfolio, there are over 450 Outlet stores and 70 Department Stores that cover 13 states, with sales over a billion dollars annually. The Outlet division conducts business under two different names, Beall's Outlet within Florida, Georgia and Arizona and Burke's Outlet for all other locations.
Who Are We?
We are a convenient and welcoming store where everyone can find the styles and brands they want all at lower prices. We are continually offering fresh assortments of fashion apparel, shoes, accessories and homes goods, making shopping for the family easy, affordable and rewarding.
We are the shopping solution for the entire family. More Brands! Big Savings!
We are a customer-centric, family focused organization with a relentless desire to deliver exceptional value.
We want to thrill our customers with an ever changing offering of the latest brands and fashions, in a bright and casual shopping environment, while delivering friendly and consistent customer service.
Function: To maintain the cleanliness, sanitization, and maintenance of all store areas; creating a neat, clean, and safe environment for guests and associates.
* Reports to Store Manager
* Interaction with Associates and Guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Clean, sanitize and maintain store physical plant, including floors, walls, baseboards, ceiling tiles, air vents, fitting rooms, touchpoints, and restrooms.
* Clean, sanitize and maintain break room appliances, light fixtures, water fountains and store fixtures.
* Clean, sanitize, and maintain checkout area including daily removal of hangers and touch-point sanitization.
* Clean, sanitize and maintain exterior of store including windows, doors, cart corrals and garbage/debris.
* Restock required supplies in restrooms such as soap, toilet paper and paper towels.
* Restock required supplies in break room such as soap and paper towels.
* Restock required supplies such as bags, gift boxes and receipt tape.
* Keep garbage containers clean and replace bags as needed.
* Perform general maintenance in store as necessary such as:
* Replace spent light bulb
* Repair vacuum belts and change bags
* Carpet cleaning
* Tile cleaning and buffing
* Minor painting
* Minor miscellaneous repairs
* Perform all tasks safely and assume ownership for Guest and Associate safety in accordance with Bealls Inc. policies and procedures.
* Monitor supply of cleaning and sanitizing products, restroom, and checkout supplies, and communicate requests to Manager.
* Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability to perform essential job duties.
* Must be able to climb stairs to stockroom (if applicable) to replenish and maintain supplies.
* Must be able to have full body rotation/mobility, i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, reaching a minimum of 60 inches for stocking and maintaining supplies, etc.
* Must be able to climb a 12-foot ladder for maintaining light bulbs and air vents.
* Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds.
* Must be able to push and pull merchandise fixtures (minimum resistance of 20 pounds).
* Must be able to handle cleaning equipment (vacuum, broom, mop, duster, etc.) used for maintaining cleanliness and sanitization.
* Must have full hand usage to operate hand tools.
* Required to stand on feet 95% of the day.
* High school diploma.
* Must identify and use the proper cleaning and sanitizing solutions, procedures, and safety guidelines for each task.
* Attention to detail in work produced.
* Effective communicator.
* Must be responsive to a continually changing and fast-paced environment.
* Able to plan, prioritize and multi-task efficiently and productively.