Manager, Systems Engineering
Fort Worth, TX
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Manager of Systems Engineering, Integrated Product Team
Bell's V-280 team is seeking a Manager of Systems Engineering to lead a team of Model-Based Systems Engineers on one the largest development projects within the aerospace defense industry. This position exists within a technical and rapidly evolving environment, and serves the future flagship of the Bell enterprise.
The role involves the direct oversight and technical leadership of a cross-functional team of engineers, working to coordinate Systems Engineering efforts using model-based techniques and best practices. Involvement is required in a variety of multi-disciplinary activities, including Architecture Definition, Design Specification, Requirements Management, Configuration and Data Management, Supplier Management, Business Operations, Contract Management, Reliability & Maintainability, Affordability, Safety, Cybersecurity, and Testing. The position requires proactive coordination across departments (i.e. manufacturing, quality, test, etc.), customers, and suppliers. Objectives also include driving the advancement of enterprise knowledge and capability within the field of Systems Engineering. A combination of hard and soft skills is essential for success.
* Manage and support a direct team of systems engineers, along with providing indirect leadership to engineers across multiple disciplines
* Serve as the program interface to the Government customer's Systems Engineering and Management teams
* Manage the maintenance and change management of the aircraft MBSE model and requirements dataset
* Oversee of the definition and tracing of design requirements, test data, and performance values for the aircraft and its subsystems
* Perform trade studies and functional analyses associated with the requirements and the potential design solutions
* Analyze requirements and model artifacts for compliance and completeness, creating deviations and issue notices where necessary
* Ensure the delivery of Systems Engineering content for all program milestones, along with performing critical path analysis and schedule risk assessments
* Manage the release process for documents and artifact deliverables
* Support product engineering teams either developing new system capabilities or resolving issues with systems
* Manage changes and discrepancies between various subsystem technical teams
* Determine the function, intent, and requirements of supplier specifications, SOWs, and qualification content
* Utilize EVMS to monitor team performance to cost and schedule
* Support the program proposal process, including the development of cost estimates and work budgets
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent
* Master's Degree in Engineering, Business, or similar is recommended
* 5 years of related experience
* Significant technical experience in SE and MBSE for product development applications
* Proven leadership and teamwork skills
* Experience with requirements, design specifications, subcontracts, and testing
* Understanding of the product life cycle and the ability to assess the appropriate timing for systems engineering activities
* Experience with Program Management
* Experience with functional analysis areas such as safety, failure, RIO (Risk, Issues, Opportunities), and cybersecurity
* Background in aerospace and aircraft technologies
Don't miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Job Field: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Texas-Fort Worth
Organization: Bell, Ft. Worth TX
Job Level: Manager
Shift: First Shift
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Posting Date: TBD
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.