CDL Class A Delivery Driver - $70K/Year Avg.
Performance Food Group
Class A CDL drivers efficiently deliver the right product to customer accounts in a courteous, professional, compliant, safe and timely manner Drivers use a multitude of methods including manual lifting, use of two wheel dolly, ramps, and/or carts in multi-temperature environments.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
* Safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle, including but not limited to: Combination vehicles, straight trucks, or other vehicles such as pick-up trucks and service vans with a GVWR or GCWR over 10,001 lbs.
* Complete pre-trip, in-route, and post-trip inspections of equipment.
* Ability to operate vehicles in congested areas with limited space and potential obstacles.
* Comply with all applicable Department of Transportation regulations including but not limited: Controlled Substances, Commercial Driver Licensing, Driver Qualification, CMV Operation, Hours of Service; CSA inspections and compliance, Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance, etc.
* Maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance with Department of Transportation Regulations.
* Utilize an on board computer to track hours of service.
* Provide exceptional customer service.
* Safely and accurately unload and deliver multi-temperature product to customers utilizing a variety of preferred methods including lift gates, carts, conveyers, hand trucks, and/or pallet jacks.
* Utilize barcode scanners at the point of delivery as required to verify delivered product.
* Pick up returned product as required.
* Accurately complete delivery and pick up paperwork.
* Maintain contact with Dispatch to receive delivery or pick up instructions or changes in scheduled deliveries or pick-ups.
* Maintain route plan as provided by Dispatch. Communicate to Dispatch any barriers to maintaining the route plan so any changes can be communicated to the customer.
* Maintain knowledge and comprehension of all applicable Department of Tra