Quality Manager Job in Hamlet, NC
Overall Coordination of the Quality functions to optimize the use of all resources in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals and customer expectations in quality. Coordinates the standardization and best practices surrounding quality related activities for the facility / facilities. Represents the Plant Group on Quality related issues / teams, as determined by Plant and Division Managers.
1. Leader in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
2. Coordinate and report the audit and inspection processes to identify current reality as it pertains to product quality.
3. Effectively communicate between assigned departments, providers, clients and vendors.
4. Provide feedback to providers related to meeting or exceeding defined expectations.
5. Assure compliance to all product and process specifications
6. Maintain quality policies and manuals. Ensures plant team is fully trained on content.
7. Communicate with clients and customers. Coordinate plant and customer visits
8. Ensure plant location is fully updated on quality issues affecting our customers. Identifying the root causes.
9. Plan and coordinate department's activities to support SQDC targets, and meet and/or exceed client / customers expectations.
10. Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
11. Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
12. Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training process
13. Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivates team members, and identifies opportunity for improvements.
14. Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles.
15. Ensure policies and procedures are followed and provide guidance and discipline.
16. Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals.
17. Establish individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and perform periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
18. Support and represent company in a union-free environment.
19. Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
20. Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
21. Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor.
22. Actively participate in the employee selection process for their functional area.
23. Actively participate on the Plant Level Team and provide input / recommendations.
24. Assist in the employee relations activities on a daily and monthly basis (via day to day employee concerns as well as monthly meetings and quarterly bonus presentation meetings).
25. Provide mentoring / resource support to employees
26. Responsible for Dept. budget management
27. Demonstrate the ability to care for the individual employee as well as the Team
28. Participate on Component Division Quality Team
29. Responsible for the Quality functions on all shifts and must be willing to spend time on production floor on all shifts interacting with employees
Manage hourly and salaried employees (less than 5 salary employees), in the assigned department and/or departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Component Machining, Assembly, Sanding Finishing
* Component Receiving, Shipping, Warehousing
* Responsible for serving the Quality function needs for a facility of less than 500 employees (salary and hourly combined).
Company DescriptionAmerican Woodmark is a leading kitchen and bath cabinet manufacturer, servicing the remodel and new construction markets. With over 10,000 employees, 17 manufacturing facilities, and seven primary service centers located throughout the United States. Offering more than 15 brands and hundreds of cabinet styles, our commitment to quality and caring for our customers and employees never wavers.
We celebrate our passionate and dedicated workforce. They are our inspiration and strength, and the reason for our success and leadership in the industry. With their help, we pledge to bring the best quality and value to our customers, the best workplace and opportunities to our people, the best products and customer service to home centers, builders and distributors and the best investment for our shareholders. We are excited and humbled by the challenge of leadership. Our people are determined to continue to set the standard for our industry, promote American quality, and enhance our homes and lives with American Woodmark products.
Full benefits package
Salary is D.O.E