Senior Compliance Intelligence Analyst (Direct Hire)
Department of The Treasury
Senior Compliance Analyst Job in Humacao, PR
WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS SELF EMPLOYED (SBSE) DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
* Assembles and collates information from a diverse set of sources; assesses the quality, veracity and completeness of this information to the analytical problems; determines its relevance to other available information; draws pertinent inferences from its analysis; and interprets such inferences in keeping with the tax compliance and enforcement mission of the Service.
* Develops and refines models of business supply chain activities with direct and indirect tax consequences; validates the accuracy, reliability and precision of these models as predictors of future tax-related behaviors, and uses such models to evaluate information received and to identify evidence or indicators of non-compliant behavior. Develops methods for assessing compliance levels and developing actionable compliance intelligence for the IRS and its state and/or Federal partners.
* Identifies, receives, reviews and assimilates data from various information systems, documents, reference books, periodicals, newspapers, reports, interviews and discussions, photographs, and other forms of communication. Analyzes and evaluates the significance and validity of such data and provides for its storage and maintenance. Develops professional work products including reports and commentaries.
* Collaborates and shares analytical work and approaches with counterparts and cooperating partners within the IRS, other Federal and state agencies, and industry. Communicates the rationale behind the analytical processes and findings to other analysts, managers and executives, and field and staff consumers of the analytical findings. Actively communicates with and supports IRS and other field resources with compliance intelligence information and products. Represents the IRS as an authority in the analysis of tax compliance intelligence information with other agencies and stakeholders.
Conditions of Employment
* If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
* Undergo a review of prior performance/conduct and an income tax verification. Refer to "Get Your Tax Record" at http://www.irs.gov/(https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript) to check the status of your account, balance owed, payment history, make a payment, or review answers to tax questions. If you are not in compliance, you will be determined unsuitable for employment with IRS.
* Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
* Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
* Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
* Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE GS-14:
You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
* Demonstrates extensive skill in analytical functions including coordinating and performing analysis, assembling and managing collected knowledge, assessing observational data and applying appropriate techniques to ascertain the meaning of the analysis.
* Ability to develop, validate and refine business models for use in analyzing and evaluating information received and identifying indicators of non-compliant behaviors.
* Ability to conceive and identify innovative analytical approaches using new concepts, guides, and methodologies in the solution of unprecedented problems, and then to define and evaluate the methods and information resources needed to perform the analysis.
* Skill in information fusion processes ensuring the reliability, precision, temporal, granularity, policy, privacy/sensitivity and cultural discrepancies of the data and its sources are recognized and accommodated. Ability to effectively and clearly communicate in both oral and written formats.
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
* A 1-year probationary period is required.
* Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
* If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
* The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
* This is a bargaining unit position.
* Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday, Day Shift - Start and stop times between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
* Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.