Ohio ENT & Allergy Physicians
Medical Assistant Job in Columbus, OH
Responsibilities include greeting patients, taking vitals as needed, rooming the patient, completing chart documentation, cleaning exam rooms, cleaning instruments/scopes, answering phones and returning calls. This position will work out of our Bethel Rd. office.
• Professionally greets all patients and escorts them to clinical areas.
• Performs vitals
• Appropriately documents patient's chief complaint in medical record.
• Verify all test results are ready for the physician
• Clean exam rooms per protocol
• Clean instruments per protocol
• Clean scopes per protocol
• Stock rooms per protocol.
• Assists in tracking medical and office supplies
• Distributes/Routes faxes, test results, referral letters, etc. as necessary
• Answer incoming phone calls
• Return patient calls as needed.
• Call in prescriptions as needed.
• Manages EHR desktop and alerts/flags.
• Assist physicians during procedures.
• Prepare and date sterile kits per protocol
• Maintains clean work area
• Pull and file charts as needed
• Assist in scanning documentation into EHR as needed
• Assists in training/orienting new staff to the office.
• Provides discharge instruction/education to patients. Reviews handouts with patients.
• Assists other members of the clinical team with all patient care activities
• Follows all policies and protocols of the Clinical Director and Director of Clinical Applications
High School Diploma or GED required. Medical Assistant certification/degree preferred.
• Qualified Applicant should have at least 1 year experience in a medical office environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Knowledge of GE-Centricity practice management software and EHR beneficial but not required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software beneficial but not required.
• Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
• Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, team-members, and other co-workers.
• Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
• Must know sterile technique
• Adheres to all HIPAA privacy and security regulations and guidelines
• Must be aware of and comply with all OSHA standards and guidelines
Medical office environment. Will come in contact with harsh chemicals and hazardous material. PPE must be worn while working with these materials/chemicals.
: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime and travel may be required.
: Employee shall keep their uniforms clean, wrinkle free and hemmed to where the pant bottoms do not drag the floor. The employee's appearance is a reflection of the corporation and should be maintained appropriately.
Requires sitting, standing and walking associated with a normal office environment. Requires bending, stooping and standing on stools needed to pull and file charts. Manual dexterity needed for using computer keyboard. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs arise.
: Maintain CPR and RMA certifications.