Facilities Maintenance Technician Day Shift
Blue Bird Corporation
Fort Valley, GA
* Follows all safety procedures, including LOTO.
* Performs electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures, switches, outlets, lights, (incandescent, fluorescent, LED), motors 1ph and 3ph, ballast, sockets, fuses, appliances, and using appropriate power and specialty tools.
* Performs plumbing maintenance, replacement or repair of leaks, unclogging of drains, trenches, and pumps. Replacement or repair to installation of sewer and water lines.
* Performs painting and carpentry, preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, or varnishes. Hanging doors, windows, building additions and installing sheetrock.
* Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space, (furniture, storage bins, lighting, and cabinets) to accommodate user's needs.
* Performs HVAC maintenance, replacement or repair of heating, ventilation and air conditioning system.
* Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, corridors, parking lots as needed.
* Order parts and maintains required documents
Performs other work related duties as assigned
* Notify area leader when issues arise
* Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
* Attend daily safety department meetings
* Communicate with supervisors and other team members throughout their shift to ensure daily tasks are clear
* Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
* Ability to adapt to a changing environment
* Good mechanical aptitude and basic computer skills
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
* Must have minimum of 5 years on-the-job experience in an industrial setting, or diploma in Industrial Maintenance Technology
* Must be able to read blue prints
* Must pass Auxiliary Equipment & Electrical Equipment Tests
* Work in manufacturing environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, and fumes
* Fast-paced environment with moving objects, sharp edges, and congested working areas
* Will be pushing, pulling, kneeling, reaching overhead, grasping, and lifting up to 50 pounds
* Must meet established quality and maintenance standards
* Practice good housekeeping
* Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE)
* Must meet established attendance policy and work overtime when required
* Must perform other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Blue Bird's winning culture is fueled by our ability to respect, encourage, celebrate and embrace the unique perspectives of all of our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer who is committed to providing all of our employees with a work environment free of discrimination or harassment. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national, social or ethnic origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire.