Sr. Program Manager, FEP Digital Program
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
Senior Project Manager Job, Remote or Washington, DC
100% Remote - Full-Time Offsite for designated States The DX Program operates within an agile product development framework and includes the FEP public website (fepblue.org); the MyBlue member portal; the fepblue mobile app; and vendors supporting Managed Hosting, Identify Proofing, Consumer Tools, Incentive Programs, and the FEP DX Design Center.
The Sr Program Manager, FEP Digital Program serves two primary functions: · Act as Product Owner for the System Team which is a specialized agile team that acts as an enabling type team and helps DX teams work better, smarter, faster. The System team assists with building and supporting the agile development environment and collaborates with DX teams to implement DevOps and the continuous delivery pipeline.Provide leadership, management, and oversight of vendors that provide managed hosting and identify proofing services for the FEP DX Program. The Sr Program Manager, FEP Digital Program manages project activities, handles communications across all project teams and all levels of staff including management team as needed, and provides program reporting and status to DX Program and FEP management. The Sr Program Manager, FEP Digital Program will leverage the expertise of the business owners, project managers and technical resources from each functional team associated with the FEP DX Program to set goals and priorities, conduct planning and analysis, and work with necessary teams to define and execute business requirements and enhancements for new and existing programs. This role also works closely with FEP teams supporting Architecture, Production Support, InfoSec and Program Assurance to identify and implement control initiatives across the FEP DX Program. Responsibilities: Responsibilities include but are not limited to: • Agile Product Management and Development:
• Serve as proxy for internal teams to help DX teams work better, smarter, faster and collaborate with DX teams to implement DevOps and the continuous delivery pipeline.
• Employ design thinking practices and continuous exploration to improve the way digital products are designed and delivered
• Work with agile team, subject matter experts, business leadership, and other stakeholders to develop product vision and roadmap, determine business case, and create and maintain a balanced product backlog according to business needs and priorities
• Work with agile team to take requirements from ideation to release by participating in agile team ceremonies, clarifying requirements to technical team, evaluating tradeoffs, resolving issues or impediments, managing risks and dependencies, and conducting acceptance.
• Participate in program ceremonies to conduct planning, highlight risks and dependencies, escalate issues or blockers, and maximize communication and coordination.
• Provide reports / metrics to validate benefit hypothesis and demonstrate business impact / outcomes on behalf of agile team for all aspects of product engagement
• Actively monitor functionality and quality of released products / deliverables and proactively diagnose and solve issues
• Establish a culture of continuous learning and improvement and provide reports / metrics to show impact / results
• Vendor Management:
• Serve as point of contact for the vendors providing managed hosting and security-related services for the DX Program to ensure FEP needs are understood and any issues are addressed
• Establish the structure, processes and tools needed for managing the vendor relationship in an efficient and effective manner
• Manage the ongoing and future business roadmap planning and development activities for the managed hosting and/or security-related initiatives across the DX Program and provide project tracking / reporting to ensure activities are completed in a high-quality and timely manner
• Operations / Compliance:
• Collaborate regularly with key BCBSA stakeholders including EIT, InfoSec, Production Support, Program Assurance and business teams to ensure compliance for the DX Program.
• Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensures that the SOPs and Business Impact Analysis (BIA) documents are updated, as needed.
• Coordinate activities with EIT to review disaster recovery (DR) strategy and plan on an annual basis. This includes identifying any enhancements needed, and ensuring that the documentation is maintained.
• Coordinate the annual Disaster Recovery exercise for the FEP public website (fepblue.org) and MyBlue member portal. Address any gaps / deficiencies found
• Present, contribute and participate in FEP and BCBSA special projects and meetings as needed by FEP Management
Qualifications: Required Basic Qualifications:Bachelors Degree Business Administration, Computer Science/Information Systems7 Years Related work experience Preferred Basic QualificationsSAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (PO/PM) certification· Project Management Professional (PMP®)· Professional Scrum Product Owner™(PSPO)· Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)· Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (ACSPO)· PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)· Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) Business Administration, Computer Science/Information SystemsRelated work experience3+ Years of experience in a product manager or product owner role 3+ Years of experience working with agile teams 3+ Years of experience working with technical teams2+ years of experience working with and managing external vendors Vendor contract experience5+ Years of experience working with agile teams and working with technical teams2+ Years of experience working in DevOps and continuous delivery pipeline Cybersecurity Management Financial analysis experience preferred Familiar with practices and tools for DevOps and continuous delivery pipeline Familiar with using Agile, SAFe, Scrum software development methodologies and associated management tracking tools Proficient in requirements gathering and user story writing Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel and VisioProficiency in using Microsoft SharepointDemonstrated problem-solving & critical thinking skills with ability to identify gaps in existing programs and propose solutions Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver under tight deadlines Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities Proven ability to organize, lead, and manage projects from beginning to end Proven ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills Equal Opportunity Employer: Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics
$102k-138k yearly est.