Centralized Trust Administration Support (CTAS) Administrator
The Centralized Trust Administration Support (CTAS) Administrator will provide high quality, technical trust and fiduciary support to a group of Regional Trust Administrators (TAs). The CTAS Administrator will partner with their assigned Regional TAs, and other internal colleagues, to deliver an exceptional client experience in the day-to-day administration of personal trust, charitable trust, and investment management accounts. The CTAS Administrator will also assist in the identification and remediation of emerging, and imbedded, risk issues in the Regional TAs books of business.
* Work with Regional TAs and prospects to collect due diligence documentation for potential new trust and fiduciary appointments.
* Assist the Regional TAs to complete new account set-up forms following acceptance of new trust and fiduciary accounts.
* Assist Regional TAs in performing fee reviews and completing fee exception forms.
* Monitor for, and respond to, Service Requests submitted by Regional TAs via Salesforce.
* Helps to assemble documentation and review requests for potential discretionary actions in trust accounts.
* Assist Regional TA's with processing distributions for charitable trusts.
* Supports the TA with Administrative Account Reviews and exceptions remediation.
* Escalate requests for information gathered from clients to Regional TAs or the client service team, for further resolution, as required.
* Be able to identify potential, or imbedded, fiduciary risk issues and proactively engage with Regional TAs, and other internal colleagues and resources, to mitigate and remediate those risks.
* Assist with the documentation necessary to transfer trust accounts to the BMO estate settlement group following the death of a grantor or beneficiary.
* Assist in completing the necessary documentation for closing accounts and transferring assets to a beneficiary or successor trustee.
* Work with and cross train other CTAS Administrators to ensure sufficient coverage for all Regional TAs across the BMO footprint.
* Work independently on a range of complex tasks and projects.
* Maintain flexibility to work remotely, as well in-office, on a rotational basis.
* Comply with, and adhere to, all internal BMO standards, procedures, and desk processes.
* A minimum of 2 - 5 years of demonstrated experience in trust and fiduciary administration support, preferably in a large financial organization;
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
* Strong knowledge of personal trust and fiduciary concepts, regulations, and laws (across multiple states); and
* Working knowledge of fiduciary income tax, trust accounting, and investment management concepts.
* Outstanding client service skills;
* Ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate and work as part of a team;
* Ability to learn and apply new ideas and concepts;
* Comfort with working across multiple, different US Time Zones;
* Function effectively under short deadlines;
* Ability to prioritize workflow and effectively communicate timelines for completion; and
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office, MS Teams, and Salesforce.
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.