Compressor Mechanic Job in Hinton, OK
Performs maintenance and repair activities on gas compression and/or process equipment, at customer's location, as directed. Acts as a technical resource for more complex issues in assigned area.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting and repair skills on multiple types of equipment including Caterpillar, Cummins, and Waukesha Engines as well as Ariel Compressors
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (Adjust valves) to standard with no help
- Lead a team performing Major Maintenance (Top End, Head changes, Piston and Liner replacement), Assembly and Disassembly projects to standard with limited to no assistance
- Perform compressor calculations
- Have high level customer service and communication skills
- Read, write and speak English (work orders, manuals, etc.)
- Use computer skills, including vendor specific programs (Cat ET, Cat SIS, Waukesha ESP, Ariel Performance, Murphy Config Tool, etc.), Google Chrome and Outlook
- Regularly complete and submit company required documentation through company software in a timely manner
- Thorough knowledge of gas engines and compressors, electrical systems, panel boards, controls, skid wiring, etc., through advanced training or performance verification
- Working knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations
- General understanding of customer's production equipment - Scrubbers, on/off skid
- Fully understands all processes and systems on how a compressor works
- Knowledge of maintenance standards and ability to accurately and completely follow
Minimum Education and Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Gas or diesel engine and compressor school / training preferred
- Typically at least 5 years experience with natural gas engines and compressors, and a working knowledge of production equipment
- Demonstrated history of successful and safe service experience
- Expected to serve as a resource to others for mentoring, knowledge transfer, training and checking work
- May occasionally lead a crew
Performs other duties as assigned
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must be fit for duty for the job tasks being performed - Refer to WorkSaver Systems Critical Demands for full details
- Must meet the medical requirements necessary to wear PPE required by role (includes respiratory protection medical requirements as required by role)
- Constantly required to display good manual dexterity and to reach with hands and arms
- Constantly required to talk and hear
- Frequently required to sit while driving or using a PC
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, and twist with good balance
- Regularly required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds and to push and pull up to 110 pounds
- Occasionally required to carry at least 40 pounds with one hand for at least 10 feet
- Occasionally required to crawl, climb in and around equipment, stairs and vertical ladders
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Problem Solving and Innovation:
- Resolves majority of the troubleshooting issues with no help.
- Provides solutions to a diverse scope and range of complex engine and compressor problems where analysis of information requires evaluation, new approaches, planning and resourcefulness.
- Expected to regularly identify opportunities and to provide ideas, methods and innovations to enhance teamwork, individual development, efficiency and quality.
- Actions and decisions impact operational, and financial results in work group.
- Typically resolves problematic units and customer related issues in a timely manner.
- Enhanced skills will most likely result in fewer scheduled delays or decreased costs.
- Accountable for HSE, service quality, and customer satisfaction.
Freedom to ACT:
- Typically receives and follows specific detailed instructions and/or procedures.
- Typically works with no supervision.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in reviewing situations or data from which answers can most often be readily obtained.
- Selects methods, techniques and approaches and arranges activities to meet defined schedule.
- Determines action to be taken within limits of standard practice and authority.
This job description is a summary of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks, as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title or routine job duties.