Lead Restoration Technician
Northstar Restoration Services
Restoration Technician Job in Wausau, WI
If you're good at solving problems, communicating with customers, enjoy helping people, have an eye for detail and prefer new challenges daily instead of the same old thing day after day- we have an opportunity for you! We are seeking a strong leader with experience in restoration to lead our technicians and promote customer satisfaction by fulfilling the company's obligations through timely and effective delivery of our cleaning and restoration services. If you are a motivated person, take pride in your work, are reliable to show up on a consistent basis, have a positive attitude, a passion for coming up with solutions, we want to speak with you -
We offer a 401K match, health/dental/vision options, 1 week paid vacation the first year, 2 weeks the beginning of your 2nd year and an additional day each year after
Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record and insurable by our carrier.
$18 - $20 hourly
Position Summary / Purpose
Supervise and lead technicians by example.
Create high levels of customer satisfaction while fulfilling the company’s contractual obligations.
Scope and secure projects.
Facilitate the timely and profitable delivery of all services required.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Effectively perform duties and responsibilities in their area of expertise.
Have general knowledge of all services the company offers.
Communicate effectively with customers as on-site point of contact.
Perform minor repairs on equipment as needed in the field.
Notify Operations of equipment concerns and/or in need of repair.
Provide training for technicians on company procedures.
Inspect and sign off on daily completed work.
Maintain company image per company handbook.
Complete appropriate documentation in restoration software.
Meet division targets for quality ratings and customer satisfaction.
Vehicle, equipment and jobsite cleanliness.
Maintain shop and vehicle inventories.
Accurate monitoring of job progress and Equipment.
Report job progress to Project manager.
Promote a safe work environment at all times.
Perform initial job site assessments.
Accurate Time Reporting Oversight.
High school (or GED) diploma plus two (2) to four (4) years of industry experience.
Mathematical skills - Adequate math skills. Ability to compute percentages and to verify the reasonableness of estimates, financial data and reports within the context of information provided.
Demonstrates basic proficiency in the use of computers and computer software, especially MS Word, Excel and applicable job management software.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations (preferred)
Certification in performing appropriate services, e.g. Carpet Maintenance, Water Mitigation, Mold, etc.
– The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Effective in one-on-one and small group situations. Adaptable and able to think on his/her feet. Able to effectively communicate with customers in understandable terms.
– Writes clear, precise, well-organized scopes, notes, and emails. The individual edits work for spelling, uses appropriate vocabulary and has impeccable grammar. Able to read and interpret written information.
– Achieves cohesion and effective team spirit with peers, subordinates, and subcontractors. Sustains a climate characterized by open, honest relationships where differences are constructively resolved rather than ignored, suppressed, or denied. Shares credit for accomplishments.
Planning and Organizing
– Can see the overall job from start to finish. Knowing the steps to be taken, resources and time required can effectively create a timeline for the job. Coordinates plans with other managers.
– Iron-clad. Does not cut corners. Puts company interests above self. Earns trust of co-workers. Is intellectually honest does not play games.
– Sets high, “stretch” standards of performance. Demonstrates low tolerance for mediocrity. Sets clear, fair, and aggressive goals for self and others, encouraging individual initiative.
– Combines empathy for customers’ situations with time and budget constraints to effectively manage and exceed customers’ expectations.
– Regularly uses standard word processing and spreadsheet software tools to enhance efficiency and accuracy of work performed. Effectively uses communication devices and technology to collect, review and forward field activity reporting.
NorthStar Restoration Services, Inc. is a multi-service corporation, specializing in water/fire/mold remediation, structural drying, odor abatement, and a construction division to put everything back together. The carpet/duct division specializes in carpet/upholstery/air duct cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, carpet repair and installation, oriental/fine rug cleaning, mattress maintenance cleaning, and green cleaning.
NorthStar provides thorough, professional remediation/cleaning services, delivering the highest quality customer service throughout Central Wisconsin.
• 401(k) with matching
• Health, Dental, and Vision insurance with matching
• Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Disability) with matching
• Paid Vacation and Holidays during first year.