Clinician - Emergency Screener PRN
Clinician Job in Gainesville, FL
This is advanced professional clinical work conducting emergency assessmentsfor clients who present at Crisis Stabilization in crisis seeking mental healthstabilization. Emergency Screeners provide 24/7 Emergency Intake and Evaluationservices for both voluntary and Baker Act adults and children.
Education: Master's degree required from anaccredited university with major course work in the areas of psychology,sociology, social work, or a related human services field.
Experience: One year proven experience working withclients in the mental health field.
**Must be able to type at least 27 wpm on prescreen assessment and score at least65% on general assessment.
1. Conducts assessments for clients throughtelephone and face-to-face contact to determine treatment needs.
2. Determines appropriate service providerbased on clinical, demographic, and payer requirements.
3. Serves as client and center advocate,consultant, and liaison with a wide variety of community agencies to ensureclient continuity of care.
4. Facilitates continuity of services withinthe agency and community for clients seen in Emergency Screening.
5. Documents all services provided in a timelyand accurate manner, consistent with Center guidelines and procedures, and bestpractice standards for his/her profession.
6. Documents all services and job duties asrequired for billing, payroll, and reimbursement purposes, in accordance with Center guidelines and procedures.
7. Performs other duties as required to meetprogram and departmental goals andobjectives.
8. MUST be flexible on shifts andavailability
9. Willing to be an active participant inclient restraints, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/programspecific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist
Meridianis an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed toattracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualifiedemployees. All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment regardless of
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity orexpression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history orgenetic information, political affiliation, military service or
because they are a protected veteran
or other non-merit based factors.