LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-FT in BROWERVILLE, MN
Dollar General Corporation
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
The Lead Sales Associate helps maintain a clean, well-organized store with a customer-first focus. The duties of the Lead Sales Associate include assisting customers in locating and purchasing merchandise, operating a cash register, stocking and recovering merchandise, cleaning the store, and performing other duties as assigned by the Store Manager to maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets. Lead Sales Associates perform the duties of a Sales Associate and act in a lead capacity in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Provide superior customer service leadership; greet and assist customers.
* Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer's purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as necessary.
* Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack boxes, cartons and totes of merchandise; stock merchandise, restock and rotate merchandise on shelves, and build merchandise displays.
* Clean the store; take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean restroom and stockroom; and help set up sidewalk displays.
* Assist in implementation and maintenance of planograms.
* Open and close the store under specific direction of the Store Manager.
* Perform additiona