Burr & Forman LLP
The Birmingham, AL office of Burr & Forman LLP, a dynamic, service-oriented law firm, seeks a Case Support Specialist to join our growing team. With a one-firm culture across our 19 offices, Burr & Forman is committed to our clients, our colleagues, and our communities. To deliver the highest client service, we invest in our people. To recruit the best people, we are active leaders in our local communities. To be active leaders in our communities, we grow and nurture strong relationships with our clients and colleagues. It's a virtuous cycle that drives our approach to client service. It's the Burr way. If our commitment and values align with yours, please consider joining our team. We offer a competitive salary complimented by a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, and generous paid time off.
* Enter and/or edit time and billing of attorneys and timekeepers.
* Enter and/or edit expenses of attorneys; organize receipts, and prepare expense reports and requests for reimbursement.
* Draft, type, and scan correspondence, office memos, documents, emails, and other printed materials.
* Assist and/or prepare and process legal documents such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, pre-trial agreements, and other due diligence items; transcribe attorney dictation from transcription equipment.
* Assist attorneys and team members with preparation for meetings, hearings, depositions, and trial as needed.
* Order catering as needed for meetings, depositions, and closings.
* Assist in production of documents to opposing counsel.
* Assign and record or stamp identification numbers or codes to index documents for filing.
* Scan and label documents into firm's document management system.
* Monitor all case documents and create/maintain Master File Index of client documents.
* Review all case documents for important dates and update calendars.
* Assist in documenting CLE credits for attorneys as requested.
* Assist in document preparation for attorney licensing and state applications for same as requested.
* Find, retrieve, add, and store file material and records.
* Perform periodic inspection of file material to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition.
* Read, scan, sort, and classify incoming material, mail, and information according to guidelines.
* Open and close new client matters, including conflict checks, as requested.
* Handle copy jobs, certified mail, mail pickup/drop off, and local hand deliveries to the courthouse.
* Destroy or transfer inactive cases and unnecessary documents per instructions and/or legal requirements.
* Keep accurate records of files and filing systems.
* Order office and break room supplies.
* Reconcile firm credit card in Chrome River.
* Receive and place telephone calls as needed.
* Interact with clients as required.
* Screen incoming calls, clients and visitors.
* Handle reception duties, including answering switchboard, greeting guests, directing callers and guests to appropriate destination, scheduling conference rooms, scheduling catering and events, and other similar duties.
* A high school diploma or equivalent and relevant experience are required; a college degree is preferred. Successful completion of courses in business, computers, typing, and English will be helpful.
* Punctuality, professional image, and pleasant, professional telephone voice are a must.
* Excellent organizational and paper filing skills, attention to detail, excellent knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook are required. Proficiency in MS Excel is a plus.
* Must be able to lift and/or transport materials weighing up to 25 pounds and to work overtime as requested.
Burr & Forman is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and promoting lawyers and staff without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, military and protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, or disability.
See Burr & Forman's Diversity Statement & Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
Burr & Forman is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please contact our Employment Administrator at (205) 458-5490 and let us know the nature of your request