Business Analyst Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for business analysts in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 271,513 business analysts currently employed in the United States.
- 44.9% of all business analysts are women, while only 50.4% are men.
- The average age of an employed business analyst is 43 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of business analysts is White (72.3%), followed by Asian (11.3%) and Hispanic or Latino (7.4%).
- The majority of business analysts are located in NY, New York and GA, Atlanta.
- Business analysts are most in-demand in Atlanta, GA.
- Business analysts are paid an average annual salary of $71,730.
- San Francisco, CA pays an annual average wage of $82,088, the highest in the US.
- Business analysts average starting salary is $55,000.
- In 2021, women earned 96% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid business analysts earn as much as $93,000 or more.
- New Jersey is the best state for business analysts to live.
- Business analysts are more likely to work at public companies in comparison to private companies.
Business Analyst Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Business Analyst
Women Earn 96¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Business Analyst Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, senior data center engineer and senior windows engineer have the biggest difference in gender.
|Informatics Nurse Specialist||14%||82%|
|Clinical Support Specialist||21%||73%|
|Senior Windows Engineer||93%||4%|
|Senior Data Center Engineer||96%||2%|
Business Analyst Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among business analysts is White, which makes up 72.3% of all business analysts. Comparatively, there are 11.3% of the Asian ethnicity and 7.4% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity.
- White, 72.3%
- Asian, 11.3%
- Hispanic or Latino, 7.4%
- Black or African American, 6.3%
- Unknown, 2.4%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.3%
Business Analyst Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Business Analyst
We determined the average age of business analysts based on ethnicity and gender.
Business Analyst Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of business analyst employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of business analysts is 40+ years old, which represents 60% of the population.
Types of Business Analyst Degree Levels
The most common degree for business analysts is bachelor's degree 71% of business analysts earn that degree. A close second is master's degree with 18% and rounding it off is associate degree with 7%.
- Bachelors, 71%
- Masters, 18%
- Associate, 7%
- Diploma, 2%
- Other Degrees, 2%
Business Analyst Jobs You Might Like
Business Analyst Wage Gap By Education
Business Analyst Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ business analysts. We found that the most common company type is public. In addition, the industry that employs the most business analysts is the technology industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire business analysts.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Business Analyst Work In
Employees with the business analyst job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most business analysts prefer to work at public companies over private companies.
Top Industries Hiring Business Analysts
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ business analysts. Those industries include technology, finance and professional.
Business Analyst Turnover And Employment Statistics
The Average Number of Years That Business Analyst Stay in a Job
By looking over 118,414 business analysts resumes, we figured out that the average business analyst enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 44%.
Foreign Languages Spoken By Business Analysts
The most common foreign language among business analysts is Spanish at 35.0%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 12.3% and Chinese is the third-most popular at 8.7%.
- Spanish, 35.0%
- French, 12.3%
- Chinese, 8.7%
- Mandarin, 7.9%
- German, 5.0%
- Other, 31.1%