Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for business analysts/quality analysts in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 177,597 business analysts/quality analysts currently employed in the United States.
- 52.8% of all business analysts/quality analysts are women, while only 42.1% are men.
- The average age of an employed business analyst/quality analyst is 41 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of business analysts/quality analysts is White (55.5%), followed by Asian (25.5%) and Hispanic or Latino (8.0%).
- The majority of business analysts/quality analysts are located in NY, New York and GA, Atlanta.
- Business analysts/quality analysts are most in-demand in Eden Prairie, MN.
- Business analysts/quality analysts are paid an average annual salary of $69,594.
- The finance industry is the highest-paying for business analysts/quality analysts.
- New York, NY pays an annual average wage of $84,969, the highest in the US.
- Business analysts/quality analysts average starting salary is $57,000.
- In 2021, women earned 95% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid business analysts/quality analysts earn as much as $84,000 or more.
- 17% of all business analysts/quality analysts are LGBT.
- District of Columbia is the best state for business analysts/quality analysts to live.
- Business analysts/quality analysts are more likely to work at public companies in comparison to private companies.
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Business Analyst/Quality Analyst
Women Earn 95¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the business analyst/quality analyst position over time.
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, senior data center engineer and senior windows engineer have the biggest difference in gender.
|Informatics Nurse Specialist||14%||82%|
|Clinical Support Specialist||21%||73%|
|Business Analyst/Quality Analyst||42%||53%|
|Senior Windows Engineer||93%||4%|
|Senior Data Center Engineer||96%||2%|
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among business analysts/quality analysts is White, which makes up 55.5% of all business analysts/quality analysts. Comparatively, there are 25.5% of the Asian ethnicity and 8.0% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity.
- White, 55.5%
- Asian, 25.5%
- Black or African American, 8.0%
- Hispanic or Latino, 8.0%
- Unknown, 2.7%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.3%
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among business analysts/quality analysts.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Business Analyst/Quality Analyst
We determined the average age of business analysts/quality analysts based on ethnicity and gender.
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of business analyst/quality analyst employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of business analysts/quality analysts is 40+ years old, which represents 55% of the population.
Types of Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Degree Levels
The most common degree for business analysts/quality analysts is bachelor's degree 65% of business analysts/quality analysts earn that degree. A close second is master's degree with 24% and rounding it off is associate degree with 6%.
- Bachelors, 65%
- Masters, 24%
- Associate, 6%
- Diploma, 2%
- Other Degrees, 3%
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Jobs You Might Like
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Wage Gap By Education
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ business analysts/quality analysts. We found that the most common company type is public. In addition, the industry that employs the most business analysts/quality analysts is the finance industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire business analysts/quality analysts.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Work In
Employees with the business analyst/quality analyst job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most business analysts/quality analysts prefer to work at public companies over private companies.
Top Industries Hiring Business Analyst/Quality Analysts
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ business analysts/quality analysts. Those industries include finance, technology and insurance.
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Turnover And Employment Statistics
Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of business analysts/quality analysts changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Business Analyst/Quality Analyst Stay in a Job
By looking over 2,122 business analysts/quality analysts resumes, we figured out that the average business analyst/quality analyst enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 43%.
Foreign Languages Spoken By Business Analyst/Quality Analysts
The most common foreign language among business analysts/quality analysts is Spanish at 23.6%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is German at 9.1% and French is the third-most popular at 9.1%.
- Spanish, 23.6%
- German, 9.1%
- French, 9.1%
- Japanese, 7.3%
- Russian, 7.3%
- Other, 43.6%