Data Analyst II - Trapollo
*Primary Location: *13900 Lincoln Park Dr, Atlanta, GA, US
*Division: *Cox Communications
*Job Level: *Individual Contributor
*Shift: *Day Job
*Requisition Number: *202105986_21261325
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Responsible for measuring and assessing the effectiveness of departmental processes and procedures. Ensuring quality processes and programs are being utilized and are effective by developing performance measurements and communicating performance relative to standards. Ensure optimal efficiency by monitoring work quality, delivering reports, statistics and recommendations for improvement.
*PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Serves as a contact for customers or client groups, internal and external to the department, for data research, document, spreadsheet and report compilation and design
- Reviews report usage and requirements with client groups to ensure relevance and alignment with customer needs and documents report enhancements
- Understands taxonomy of Knowledge Management and related systems.
- Maintains, reviews and/or analyzes data files, tables and reports for inconsistencies, troubles shoot data integrity issues and develops cleanup strategy if needed
- Compiles or imports data from various databases into specialized software, databases or tools to generate reports to support various departments
- Provides and conducts trend analysis to support business operations; may include budget modeling.
- Writes reports, creates charts, presentations and timelines in support of department or business operations.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves discrepancies in analytical procedure or cross
- Interprets operational requirements for inclusion in studies and analysis.
- Provides recommendations for operational efficiencies and process improvements and assists in policy development to support change initiatives
- May write code to automate reports and templates and consolidate data into reports and knowledge.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of applied mathematics, assessment Instrument design & performance assessments
- Displays working knowledge of applied survey sampling and statistics for all modes of social science data collection for such statistical methodologies as: univariate and multivariate distributions, data modeling using regression, analysis of variance, and the generalized linear model.
- Conducts business impact analyses and validation studies and market research through all stages: concept formulation, definition of metrics, determination of appropriate statistical methodology, research evaluation, and final research report.
- Performs estimation of variances, the calculation of standard errors, and imputation
- Appropriately applies weighting of various sampling and data collection designs
- Applies quantitative methods of social science data analysis
- Utilizes survey research literature, methods, and processes
- Uses and may program statistical analysis software
- Supports capability development within the delivery organization; including reviews, gap assessments and work to source and deliver strategies.
Qualifications: *TYPICAL TRAINING / EXPERIENCE: *
- Typically requires BS/BA or Associates degree in related discipline.
- Generally, 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field.
- Certification is required in some areas
Dept/Org Scope & Impact:
- Fully competent and productive professional contributor, working independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments that have direct impact on department and area results
- Performs full range of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, Identifies problems and possible solutions and takes appropriate action to resolve more complex, less clearly defined issues. Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information or inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues; Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct customers of the process
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of field of specialization to the completion of moderately complex assignments. Solid knowledge of organizations technologies and practices
- May provide general guidance/direction or train junior level support and professional personnel
Who We Are
*About Cox Communications*
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
*About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, [visit our benefits page](
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.