Connect with our team in-person at General Smallwood Middle School (4990 MD-210, Indian Head, MD 20640) to learn more about teacher/counselor positions available.$44k-66k yearly est.7d ago
English Teacher - Middle School
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for a Middle School English Language Arts Teacher for the coming school year! As an English Teacher for middle school students, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans and to teach creative thinking and problem solving. BASIS Independent Schools, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. BASIS Independent Schools (), 8000 Jones Branch Dr., McLean, Virginia, United States of America Req$49k-71k yearly est.1d ago
Huntington Learning Center has been the nation's leading educational services company since 1977. Benefits of being an after school math tutor:$32k-45k yearly est.5d ago
Virtual PE/Health Tutor (New York State certified
$28-$35 per hour (varies by opportunity)
Remote, flexible, contract, part-time, and full-time
Small group, 1:1, or full group instruction
New York State teaching license in Physical Education and/or Health + authorized to work in the US
This is a
1099 Independent Contractor
position following the school district's calendar. Immediate start dates are based on available placement opportunities upon completion of the application process and training.
Built to serve students, iTutor partners with
hundreds of schools across the United States
to ensure every child has access to education, regardless of circumstance. Our team is building the future of education. As an iTutor Educator, you'll deliver
virtual academic instruction
to assigned students and lead them through successful course completion! Learn more: https://itutor.com/teach-online/
As an iTutor educator, you will:
Have access to our educator portal where
you can select the jobs you take on as an iTutor educator.
creativity and excitement
in the virtual learning environment.
Create strategies to
engage and nurture
student learning and student relationships.
Create lesson plans
aligned with class curriculum.
Keep track of
authorized to work in the United States and currently hold an active, USA state-issued teaching certification
in the state of New York (Physical Education and/or Health)
Must have a
from an accredited college/university.
Laptop or desktop computer, webcam, headset, and reliable internet access.
Complete a mini lesson + submit a background check
as part of the application process.
Prior online teaching experience is a plus!
Become an Education Entrepreneur:
You will be able to create your own schedule by having access to a range of assignments that match your certification + pay needs.
Ownership in What You Teach
: Prefer small groups? Enjoy getting to know a student via one-to-one instruction? Want to continue teaching a full class? You get to choose how you teach and can always switch it up for variety.
Teach from Home:
Keep up with your love of teaching without having to leave home. All instruction is online with access to technical support.
A Nationwide Network of Experienced Teachers:
Join a community of educators with many years of experience. Connect, network, and grow alongside teachers with the same interests and passions as you.
*iTutor strives to create an inclusive and equitable environment that empowers each individual and supports the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce
*Assignment rates may fluctuate based on many factors, including time of year, demand, and subject. All rates will always be communicated for your consideration upfront
$24k-31k yearly est.5d ago
Math Teacher - Middle School
BASIS Independent Schools, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for a Middle School Math Teacher for the coming school year! BASIS Independent Schools (), 8000 Jones Branch Dr., McLean, Virginia, United States of America Req$47k-70k yearly est.1d ago
Collaborate with teachers and team members to collect, record, analyze and monitor individual student progress, participating in facilitated reviews of student data collected and entered into City Year's student data system Diverse teams of City Year AmeriCorps members provide support to students, classrooms and the whole school, helping to ensure that students in systematically under-resourced schools receive a high-quality education that prepares them with the skills and mindset to thrive and contribute to their community. As a First Year City Year AmeriCorps member, your service will focus on coaching and mentoring elementary, middle and/or high school students. City Year, an AmeriCorps program, helps students across schools succeed. City Year / AmeriCorps Uniform parts$36k-42k yearly est.4d ago
Online Math and Science Tutor
If tutor is applying to be a math tutor, they should be comfortable teaching math levels up to Calculus, with higher levels being preferred.$14-16 hourlyEasy Apply25d ago
K-12 Math tutors
What do we look for in a tutor: * Certified Teacher Preferred * Previous experience in teaching and tutoring Math in K-12 * Ability to build rapport with students * Sufficient knowledge of core educational subjects * Excellent written and verbal communication skills with Parents as well as ClubZ Director * Reliable Transportation Club Z! Teachers/Tutors needed in Ashburn, VA area. Job DescriptionWe are immediately seeking qualified part-time K-12 Math Tutor who will earn $20-27/hr. Tutoring Opportunities Location: Ashburn, VA PLEASE NOTE: For any In-Home tutoring position, both you and family will be following CDC guidelines during tutoring sessions in the family's home. We have Immediate In-Home and Online Tutoring Opportunities for: K-12 Math Tutor.$20-27 hourly3d ago
Two's Teacher-The Children's Learning Laboratory-Ashburn VA
Explore your passion for early learning; pursue your purpose as a teacher, and enjoy the possibilities of all the places a Bright Horizons career can take you - in a workplace dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion; where you can be you. A Bright Horizons Career Includes: Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. Imagine it all as a Bright Horizons Teacher.$26k-40k yearly est.Easy Apply16d ago
Summer Camp Teacher
Our award-winning Summer Camp runs from mid-June until August 21st. Our Summer Camp includes weekly field trips and multiple themed activities in a well-structured schedule. Job DescriptionThe Primrose School of Ashburn is looking for a dynamic individual to lead our Summer Camp program. * Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Ashburn Employee Handbook * Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary. * Implements the approved activities and daily classroom schedule in accordance with our Summer Camp curriculum and programming. * Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Ashburn and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.$45k-67k yearly est.13d ago
English Language Arts Teacher (Middle School) - In-Person Hiring Event
June 14th from 10 am - 2 pm est
Connect with our team in-person at General Smallwood Middle School (4990 MD-210, Indian Head, MD 20640) to learn more about teacher/counselor positions available.
Please note, a bachelors degree is required for all positions.
About General Smallwood Middle School
At General Smallwood, our vision is to create a respectful community so that all students can learn in a safe and orderly environment. Our school will encourage personal responsibility and help students develop the academic skills needed to be successful in the 21st century.
Our mission is for all students to receive a rigorous, high quality education in a positive environment in which all students are respected and supported. We will be guided by the following beliefs:
We are student centered.
We strive for academic excellence and have high expectations for all staff and students.
We encourage an open line of respectful communication between leadership, staff, students and parents.
Staff is professional, prepared and planned every day.
We create a safe and orderly environment, which is fair, and ethical that supports diversity and we are a bully free zone.
We work as a team. As they say "Teamwork makes the dream work!"
We believe in developing the whole student by providing opportunity and encouraging students to participate in extracurricular activities.
We believe that students are most successful when parents are involved in their child s education. The educational program should be the shared responsibility of all stakeholders: the school, home, community and the student.
$45k-53k yearly est.7d ago
Sterling AP Biology Teacher
C2 Education's services are designed to provide support for all students.$34k-43k yearly est.13d ago
Summer Camp Seasonal Teacher
+ A Seasonal Preschool Teacher will accept the philosophy of Cadence Education and will work as part of the teaching team to encourage a positive learning environment for all children within the center Golden Pond School , part of the Cadence Education family, is currently seeking a Seasonal Preschool Teacher to bring your love of children and past experience in childcare, daycare or early childhood education to our team of kind, caring Teachers and staff. Cadence Education is one of the premier early childhood educators in the United States, operating over 300 private preschools and elementary schools across 30 states.$47k-56k yearly est.21d ago
Job DescriptionDuties and Responsibilities The following is a list of typical duties for this position; employees may not perform all the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below: * Teach middle school and high school content, craft, and concepts in art, including drawing, painting, sculpting, and art history. * Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art. * Demonstrate techniques in most art forms and media. * Understand the versatility of ceramics, watercolor, and acrylic paints. * Be familiar with a variety of "master" techniques and art movements. * Knows and can apply elements of design and modern principles of art. * Provide differentiating teaching strategies to a small group to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual, intercultural, and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities. * Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment. * Organize storage areas and control the use of materials, equipment, and tools to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize the time required for distribution and collection. * Evaluate each student's performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings and prepare progress reports. * Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students' work for the school and the community. * Plan field trips to exhibits outside the school * Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities and attend professional developments workshops provided by the school and/or in self-selected professional growth activities. * Communicate with parents and school counselors on students' progress. * Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs, such as after-school art clubs. * collaboration with the whole Team. * using positive behavior management techniques; with a consistently positive attitude enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, respect, and self-control. * Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Administration.$45k-59k yearly est.13d ago
Cert Special Ed Teacher
Why Join Us
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer a generous benefits package including:
* Competitive salary of $50,000/year
* Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, dental, and vision
* Employer-paid life insurance
* 401(k) plan with employer matching
* Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
* Other great benefits like Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Mental Health Support, and Pet Insurance
* Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The The Auburn School - Fairfax Campus is operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provide specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting.
The Auburn School is an independent day-school offering a specialized program for intellectually engaged students with social and communication challenges. We offer a dynamic educational program for intellectually curious students with challenges in the areas of communication, socialization, pragmatic language, and organization. Our program is appropriate for students who can learn successfully and appropriately in a small classroom setting. Auburn's program simultaneously supports the development of academic skills, social competency, and pragmatic language in an engaging educational environment.
To achieve this mission, The Auburn School:
* Integrates social skills and pragmatic language development throughout the curriculum and school day using research-based programs and educational best-practices;
* Provides a challenging academic curriculum featuring multi-sensory instruction, research-based curriculum and appropriate student accommodations;
* Offers a safe, nurturing and highly personalized learning environment for children through small class sizes, individualized learning plans and a supportive school setting;
* Identifies and develops individual student strengths, talents and interests; and
* Seeks out, employs and supports the very best educators and staff.
The Special Education Teacher will implement a highly systematic assessment, curriculum, instruction, and behavior model that is rooted in best practices. Our teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to thrive. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we're looking to hire an exceptional teacher who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
* Teach knowledge and skills, nurture confidence and character, and meet the needs of all students by utilizing SESI instructional models, strategies, and curriculum
* Develop and maintain individualized lessons that provide a balance of standards-based and skills-based instruction aligned with student's Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
* Establish and maintain student forms and files as required by SESI, local, state, and/or federal agencies including but not limited to: Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), Behavior Intervention Plans, Incident Reports, High-Risk Evaluation Forms, etc.
* Drive, record, and track student growth and progress towards academic, social, and emotional goals
* Supervise students and ensure they are always monitored, including to and from appropriate locations within the school
* Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
* Valid teaching credential appropriate to the role
* Commitment to learning and implementing feedback
* Ability to adapt and remain flexible
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.$50k yearly21d ago
Teacher or substitute teacher
We love our families and seek to provide quality, affordable preschool to children from 1 to 5 years old from Great Falls and the surrounding community. Our great team of dedicated teachers at King's Kids Preschool has met the challenges of COVID-19 with effective protocols.We have small "pods" of just 4 to 10 children spread out in well-ventilated rooms, and they stay apart from other "pods.$15 hourly13d ago
French Teacher Co-Teacher
Nysmith School is seeking committed, innovative, creative teachers with a passion for teaching students who are intellectually curious and gifted.$58k yearly17d ago
Company Description At Mathnasium of Sterling, we're passionate about both our students and our employees!$28k-46k yearly est.5d ago
3rd Grade Teacher PC 1479 for the 2023-2024 School Year
Pay Grade: Instructional Salary Schedule
Period of Employment: 10, 10.5, or 11 months
Description Approved/Revised: 1/23 FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervised by and/or Reports to: Building Administrator
General Responsibilities: This position exists to ensure that all students learn the standards, essential skills, and knowledge at grade level or content area.
(This list is intended solely as an illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude their addition if they are similar to or a logical extension of the position.)
* Professional Knowledge
The teacher demonstrates an understanding of the curriculum, subject content, and the developmental needs of students by providing relevant learning experiences.
* Integrates key content elements and facilitates students' use of higher-level thinking skills in instruction.
* Uses an accurate, current, and specific knowledge of the subject matter and a working knowledge of relevant technology.
* Bases instruction on goals that reflect high expectations for all students commensurate with their developmental levels.
* Provides appropriate accommodations for diverse learners and students learning in unique contexts (e.g., English learners, gifted learners, students with special needs, etc.).
* Instructional Planning
The teacher plans using the Virginia Standards of Learning, the school's curriculum, student data, and engaging and research-based strategies and resources to meet the needs of all students.
* Aligns lesson objectives to the school's curriculum and student learning needs.
* Plans and works collaboratively with others to enhance teaching and learning.
* Instructional Delivery
The teacher uses a variety of research-based instructional strategies appropriate for the content area to engage students in active learning, to promote key skills, and to meet individual learning needs.
* Differentiates the instructional content, process, product, and learning environment to meet individual developmental needs.
* Uses a variety of appropriate instructional strategies and resources to encourage active student engagement.
* Assessment of/for Student Learning
The teacher systematically gathers, analyzes, and uses all relevant data to measure student progress, guide instructional content and delivery methods, and provide timely feedback to students, parents/caregivers, and other educators, as needed.
* Uses pre-assessment data to develop expectations for students, to differentiate instruction, and to document learning.
* Uses a variety of formal and informal assessment strategies and instruments that are valid and appropriate for the content, for the student population, and for the setting.
* Collaborates with others to develop common assessments, when appropriate.
* Aligns student assessment with established curriculum standards and benchmarks.
* Communicates constructive and frequent feedback on student learning to students, parents/caregivers, and other educators, as appropriate.
* Learning Environment
The teacher uses resources, routines, and procedures to provide a respectful, positive, safe, student-centered environment that is conducive to learning.
* Arranges and modifies the classroom, as needed, to maximize learning while providing a safe environment.
* Establishes clear expectations, with student input, for classroom rules and procedures early in the school year and enforces them consistently and fairly.
* Maximizes instructional time and minimizes disruptions.
* Promotes respectful interactions and an understanding of students' diversity, such as language, culture, race, gender, and special needs.
* Provides accommodations for all students' needs, including social, emotional, behavioral, and intellectual.
* Culturally Responsive Teaching and Equitable Practices
The teacher demonstrates a commitment to equity and provides instruction and classroom strategies that result in culturally inclusive and responsive learning environments and academic achievement for all students.
* Disaggregates assessment, engagement, behavioral, and attendance data by student groups and identifies and applies differentiated strategies to address growth and learning needs of all students with specific attention to students within gap groups.
* Fosters classroom environments that create opportunities for access and achievement by acknowledging, valuing, advocating, and affirming cultural and social diversity in all aspects of the learning process, including for gender, race, ethnicity, English Language Learners, and students with disabilities.
The teacher demonstrates a commitment to professional ethics, collaborates and communicates appropriately, and takes responsibility for personal professional growth that results in the enhancement of student learning.
* Adheres to federal and state laws, school and division policies, ethical guidelines, and procedural requirements.
* Maintains positive professional behavior (e.g., appearance, demeanor, punctuality, and attendance).
* Works in a collegial and collaborative manner with administrators, other school personnel, and the community to promote students' well-being, progress, and success.
* Builds positive and professional relationships with parents/caregivers through frequent and appropriate communication concerning students' progress.
* Uses precise language, correct vocabulary and grammar, and acceptable forms of oral and written communication.
* Student Academic Progress
The work of the teacher results in acceptable, measurable, and appropriate student academic progress.
* Documents the progress of each student throughout the year.
Requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with others.
* Ability to design lessons that teach curriculum in an engaging manner, applying various teaching methods such as discussions, demonstration, and individual or collaborative projects and research.
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills to manage and control the classroom.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to maintain professionalism and tact in high-stress situations.
* Creative analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
Requisite Education and Experience:
* Must possess at a minimum a bachelor's degree.
* Must possess or be eligible for a Virginia Department of Education Teaching License with an endorsement in the area in which he/she is being hired to teach.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to: a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions. Some heavy work requiring the exertion of 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects may be required.
Manassas City Public Schools assures equal employment opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by federal and state orders and laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. It is neither intended to be, nor should it be construed as, an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. Administration reserves the right to modify, assign, or remove duties as necessary.$49k-62k yearly est.6d ago
Program Substitute (Arlington, VA)$20k-28k yearly est.2d ago