Material Handler Job in Chico, CA
WHO WE ARE
Weiss McNair has a rich history within the world-wide agricultural community and has built its reputation on our desire to be in the field, with the growers, responding to their needs. We design and build innovative mobile agricultural products for the rapidly growing nut industry. We manufacture a line of products spanning harvesters, sweepers and blowers that target a wide variety of nut crops around the world.
Whether you have a background in manufacturing, or are new to this exciting industry, our company is only as strong as the people we hire. We are looking for people with a positive attitude and a desire for excellence. If you are looking for a company where you can learn, find professional growth, and make a difference, Weiss McNair is that place.
Weiss McNair offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401k + employer match, life insurance, vacation pay, sick pay, and holiday pay.
We are offering a $500 sign-on bonus!
Duties include the kitting, pick up, and delivery of parts required by production work orders within the manufacturing process; with responsibility for tracking and filling work order shortages; maintaining accurate inventory counts, cycle counting and reconciling discrepancies; coordinates with our internal customers for the movement of material from inventory to production or service; audits kits to insure picked accuracy. Position also packages and prepares products for final shipment. Reviews customer orders to ensure accuracy of packaging prior to shipment. Operates a forklift.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Ability to read and pull parts from a pick list with speed and accuracy
• Ability to read and package customer orders with speed and accuracy
• Ability to operate a forklift
• Responsible for shelving of products inside and outside
• Computer literate and familiar with inventory management systems
• Verify number of parts picked, moved, or delivered; responsible for reporting discrepancies
• Responsible for accurate inventory counts
• Keep area clean and walkways clear
• Must be highly motivated with ability to work independently
• Good internal customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Must work well with others as a team
• Required to observe factory work schedules by being on time, in your work area ready to work and remaining on task throughout the workday
• Work overtime in excess of 40 hours per week, including Saturdays per the factory schedule
Inventory accuracy has an effect on various areas of the organization. The purchasing department relies on accurate inventory data to trigger the purchase of materials and supplies. Production and planning requires an accurate inventory to plan and schedule production. An inaccurate inventory can cause out of stock items, which can result in late deliveries. Accurate shipping of products per customer orders ensure that the customer receives their parts in a timely manner.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• 1-2 years material handling experience preferred
• Experience with order shipping preferred
• Bilingual preferred
• Basic math and reading skills required
• Computer literate, experience with Microsoft, Excel, Word required
• Inventory Management Systems preferred
• Able to read a tape measure required
• Mechanical knowledge preferred
• Manufacturing experience preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Works under lead personnel direction and general supervision. Assignments given in the form of work orders and work instructions. First article inspection required for all job assignments.
As assigned by supervisor
Cognitive skills to move from one task to another, attend to numerical detail, manage time appropriately, reason, process and interpret information. Cognitive skills for information processing, and interpretation, numerical and verbal intelligence. Visual acuity to inspect product, interpret written data, maintain accurate records, and respond to direction, plant floor traffic and emergency warnings. Speaking and hearing skills in order to converse verbally, by telephone and in person.
Use of hands for simple and firm grasping, repetitive motion, fine and gross manipulation to reach and handle parts and material. Ability to stand for extended periods of time during the shift. Ability to walk about the manufacturing area and bend. Ability to lift using appropriate biomechanical techniques during an eight to ten hour day. Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds, level lift up to 13 pounds and lift overhead up to 10 pounds. Must be able to frequently push or pull up to 50 pounds. Ability to lift 50-110 lbs. occasionally but on a daily basis. In the event that team lifting or use of a forklift is impractical employee must wear a back support brace when lifting weight in excess of 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Fumes and chemicals
• Very noisy at times
• Works inside and outside in all types of weather
• Seasonal temperatures: Hot and Cold (40 – 100 F)
• Works under lead personnel direction and general supervision
• Possess high level of detail orientation
• Ability to effectively manage time
• Willingness to learn or be trained in additional material handling practices
• Keep work area neat and orderly
• Will be certified in driving a forklift
• Other tasks performed as required
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
• Eye Protection
• Hearing Protection required when working in the production area
• Back brace when lifting weight in excess of 50 pounds
• Work boots
NOTE: THIS JOB SPECIFICATION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES/FUNCTIONS TO BE PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT. EMPLOYEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW ANY OTHER JOB-RELATED DUTIES/FUNCTIONS REQUESTED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.