C-A-L Ranch Stores was founded in 1959 in Idaho Falls, ID, by Clinton, Allen, and L. Wayne Murphy. The family used their initials C-A-L to create their brand. Our first store, located in Idaho Falls, ID was called C-A-L Ranch & Farm Supply. The store had less than 3,000 square feet and the primary products sold were tillage tools and hardware. After 60+ years of successful retail business, C-A-L Ranch Stores has grown from a single store operator to a regional retailer with multiple stores in Idaho, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. While C-A-L Ranch Stores is no longer owned by the Murphys, it is still privately held, and the current owners continue to operate the company with the same fundamental mission and value system.
Who We Are:
C-A-L Ranch Stores is a Ranch & Home Store AND SO MUCH MORE! Our company is full of craftsmen, marksmen, outdoor grill masters, backyard farmers, and people who just love to hunt and fish. We are campers, hikers, dreamers, doers, and makers. We like to turn up the flavor and get in the game. We feed our chickens, love our pets, DIY, and dress to the nines for concerts, rodeos, and Sundays.
What youll do:
Manages retail store engaged in selling specific, related, or general lines of merchandise by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. This position is salaried and exempt from overtime pay. Manages 3-5 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 20-45 employees throughout the different departments of the store such as Clothing, Sporting Goods, Animal Health and Hardware. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises the entire staff of 20-45 non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The supervisory duties listed above will be your primary duties. You will spend more than 50% of your time on these duties.
* Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties.
* Formulates pricing policies on merchandise according to requirements for the profitability of store operations.
* Assigns duties to workers and schedules break periods, work hours, and vacations.
* Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs workers preparing, merchandise displays, and advertising copy.
* Supervises employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, or preparing daily record of transactions for Accountant, or performs work of subordinates, as needed.
* Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand.
* Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales, and recordkeeping procedures and practices.
* Answers customers complaints or inquiries.
* Responsible for helping with the financial performance of store merchandise placement, sales, expense management, and achievement of profitability goals.
* Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs workers preparing merchandise displays. Trains workers in store policies, department procedures, and job duties.
* Inspects merchandise to ensure it is correctly priced and displayed.
* Recommends additions to or deletions of merchandise to be sold in department. Listens to customer complaints, examines returned merchandise, and resolves problems to restore and promote good public relations.
* Able to operate pallet jacks, forklifts, and miscellaneous carts in a safe manner. Become forklift certified and maintain certification.
* Sells merchandise and assists sales workers in completing difficult sales.
* Approves checks written for payment of merchandise purchased in department.
* Plans department layout or merchandise or advertising display.
* Locks and secures store.
* This position requires the ability to safely handle firearms and adhere to all company, state, and federal firearms regulations. This position also requires that you process all firearms transactions in an efficient manner in accordance with all internal policies, procedures, and applicable law. This position initiates 4473 forms with customers and is responsible for conducting final check of applicable company, state, and federal forms prior to a firearm being transferred to the customer.
* Store Managers must be physically present at the C-A-L Ranch Store. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to use hands, balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up 50 pounds occasionally engaging in assisted lifting over 50 pounds.
* Employee must be able to understand and communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
* Managers role is to model desired behaviors and create an environment and culture in which employees are able to work safely. The Manager is held accountable for all safety policies and conditions in and around their store. They are required to work effectively with Loss Prevention as a member of the Safety Committee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Education and/or Experience- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
* Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Payroll systems and Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.