(USA) Home Meal Solutions & Rotisserie
Meal Cook Job in Lawton, OK
Do you have a knack for helping people, following recipes, and organization? Our prepared meal and rotisserie chicken associates prepare fresh food items daily for our members through following recipes and preparing our always warm and ready rotisserie chicken. We'll also count on you to properly wrap, label, and store merchandise to ensure our members have the freshest items available to take home to their families. There are times when you will juggle several tasks in a short amount of time while helping members with their bakery orders. Your smile can make the difference between a good shopping experience and a great one. You won't just prepare fresh food-you'll help a family have a great meal. Be a part of a team that offers customers more of what they love, for less.
You will sweep us off our feet if:
* You have a passion for and experience with fresh food
* You keep member satisfaction as your top priority
* You are a solution seeker and innovator who tackles obstacles head-on
* You are comfortable with change and quickly adapt to different work scenarios
You will make an impact by:
* Ensuring high-quality products are available in our prepared foods area
* Ensuring shelves are clean, maintaining temperature control, verifying expiration dates, and disposing of lesser-quality food products.
* Preparing and serving ready-to-eat food
* Maintains the Sales Floor in accordance with Company policies and procedures by properly handling claims and returns, zoning the area, arranging and organizing merchandise, and identifying shrink and damages.
* Maintaining a clean, sanitized, and member-ready area
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full job description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
What you'll do...
* Be a Team Member: Maintains up-to date knowledge of product specifications related to prepared food merchandise; collaborating with cross functional teams and helping educate other associates on tools, tasks and resources; communicating effectively with the members of the team; and being flexible to the needs of the business to work in other areas.
* Be an Expert: Prepares food according to item specifications; understanding and planning the future productions and mass productions; preparing for seasonality; adhering to food safety standards, sanitation guidelines, cold chain compliance, inventory management; operating, maintaining, and sanitizing equipment; and demonstrating an understanding of product and layout execution.
* Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to drive sales, improve the shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement; utilizing hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related to production, ordering merchandise; receiving club pick up orders, training, and product quality with the member in mind; adapting to new tools and encouraging others to use them.
* Be an Owner: Drives the performance of the area; utilizing digital tools; managing high exposure and expectations; stocking and rotating merchandise; ensuring quality and date control standards; eliminating waste; guiding peers and providing attention to customer needs; assisting customers according to company policies and procedures.
* Be a Talent Ambassador: Being a brand advocate; developing, influencing and inspiring others for working in a style that is respectful, supportive and team oriented; understanding the roadblocks and assisting in training them.
* Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
* Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying requires me to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments within a prescribed time period if I receive the position.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Food Handler Certification (Food Safety) - Certification
802 NW SHERIDAN RD, LAWTON, OK 73505-5204, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
* Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
* Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
* Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
* Parental Leave
* Pay during military service
* Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
* Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 20-30 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs