California Resources Corporation
Remote or Long Beach, CA
California Resources Corporation is a publicly traded oil and natural gas exploration and production company and the largest oil and natural gas producer in California. We operate our world-class resource base exclusively within the State of California, applying complementary and integrated infrastructure to gather, process and market our production. Using advanced technology, CRC's workforce focuses on safely and responsibly supplying affordable energy for California by Californians.
California Resources Corporation (CRC) is currently seeking a HSE Technician to join the Health, Safety and Environmental Team. This position will be based out of either our Long Beach, CA or Bakersfield, CA office and is eligible for a hybrid work-from-home and 9/80 schedule.
* Support the CRC statewide Water Reporting metrics for sustainability and regulatory reporting.
* Coordinate with the Operations department, engineering and IT to develop a water production tracking report with report for all HSE Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Project will require pulling information and creating reports from a variety of different computer-based files and databases.
* Support HSE Staff and Operations Personnel to ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental, and regulatory requirements through a variety of Computer based databases, software, SharePoint sites, and production reports.
* Preparing and presenting HSE procedures and training materials which requires expert Word Processing and PowerPoint skills.
* Required to make periodic trips to the field locations to conduct meter reading and field verifications on process, production and operations numbers.
* Optimize the Health, Environmental, Safety and Risk program compliance through teamwork and computer-based processes.
* Support other HSE and Asset initiatives and programs.
* Under the mentorship of the HSE Staff, develop a thorough working knowledge of the company's health, environmental, safety, and facility regulatory compliance requirements, processes and procedures.
* Maintain, coordinate and update the HSE Websites and Materials for the Department.
* Maintain the Incident Investigation Tracking system and develop monthly KPIs from the data.
* Maintain and manage the SDS on-line systems and field databases.
* Oversee and manage the Business Unit's computer data-based action tracking systems (KMS, Training Mine) that result from HSE and Operations Audits and Assessments.
* Work with Operations and HSE Personnel to develop procedures and training materials that can be multi-media intensive.
* During Incident Command Systems drills and exercises fill the roles of Documentation Unit Leader.
* Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and SharePoint.
* SQL, Evin, Pi, Tow, ProCount knowledge a plus.
* Functional Knowledge around multiple HSE Applications - list in resume.
* Strong verbal, coordination, and project management skills.
* Excellent organization and time management skills.
* Willing to learn constantly evolving Health, Safety, Environmental, and Risk requirements, codes, and standards. Must be a Team player. Must be open to debate and constant dialog. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and field operations personnel.
* Must be willing to go to the oil and gas field operations to conduct site visit verifications.
* Ability to adapt to constantly shifting priorities, schedules, and deadlines with little forewarning.
* Ability to experiment with and learn different processes, databases, and software packages quickly.
* Ability to develop professional interactive presentations that utilize charts and graphs that are created from data across multiple files and databases.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
* Familiarity with oil and gas operations
CRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V