Instrument Tech NCCER Plus-1
Zachry Holdings, Inc.
Instrument Technician Job in Cameron, LA
Instrument technicians are responsible for installing, repairing, maintaining, and calibrating electronic equipment and gauges that control, regulate, and/or monitor a mechanical system. Additional duties assigned by the Maintenance I/E Supervisor may include generation of work notifications, work order planning, requisitioning, SAP reporting and special projects. This position does not offer per diem.
* Must have 5+ years' experience in instrumentation
* Must have 10 years of maintenance experience.
* Must be able to read blue prints.
* Must be able to work on low and high pressure tubing/piping systems.
* Must have tools (see tool list below).
* Must be able to work with precision instruments and tools.
* Must be willing to follow all company and project work policies and procedures.
* Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics, isometric drawings, engineering instructions, and manufacture instructions
* Installs, repairs, maintains, and calibrates electronic equipment, controls, and measuring devices.
* Tests and analyze electronic and measuring equipment for accuracy and functionality.
* Perform preventative maintenance or calibration of equipment or systems.
* Completes report on tests, repairs, and installations for all work requested to complete.
* Installs; maintains; repairs; overhauls; calibrates and tests a wide variety of industrial instrumentation that record; indicate; control and regulate level; flow; pressure; temperature; terminations and joints
* Lays out; install and place into service new metering; controlling and recording devices; calibrating as required; may extend or connect related electrical circuits
* Prepares schematic drawings; sketches; and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments; circuits; and systems
* Tests accuracy of flow meters; pressure gauges; temperature indicators; controllers; radiation counters or detectors; and other recording; indicating or controlling instruments to locate defective components in system; using test equipment; such as pressure gauges; mercury manometers; potentiometers; pulse and signal generators; oscilloscopes; transistor curve tracers; and ammeters; voltmeters; and wattmeter's
* Installation and troubleshooting of electrical, instrument, and process equipment as needed, to diagnose problems and determined necessary repairs of replacement.
o This includes trouble-shoot, diagnose and repair instrument and electrical problems associated with process control instruments
* Review I&E maintenance activities as required and reporting deficiencies to supervision.
* Assist supervisor in estimating, planning and procurement of required materials for both maintenance and capital activities of the Meraux site.
* Reviews work orders and equipment history to identify and correct recurring problems.
* Responsible for special projects as assigned.
* Keep abreast of instrument and electrical equipment of the Pasadena site.
* Comply with and help enforce all company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
* Must have 5+ years' experience in instrumentation or illustrate comparable level of knowledge.
* Must have experience working in a maintenance position on a chemical plant for at least 10 years.
* Must have strong leadership, communications, and human relations skills.
* Demonstrated performance as a team player and high motivation.
* Demonstrated ability to solve basic mathematical problems, reading comprehension, and mechanical aptitude.
* Highly disciplined to do steady work and meeting schedule (including overtime and callout).
* Required to have all journeymen tools and have experience with associated power tools.
* Must be able to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and P & IDs, isometric drawings, and other required documentation.
* Must be able to check performance using testing and measuring. Instruments and make necessary adjustments.
* Must have knowledge of electrical theory and how to apply it to connecting, wiring, and calibrating electronic devices.
* Must have knowledge of working with gauges and other measurement devices.
* Must have experience in calibration both performing and working with calibration laboratories.
* Must be able to work with low and high pressure tubing/piping systems.
* Must have excellent communication skills, and have the ability to interact and represent Zachry while dealing with our customer.
* Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
* Must be willing to follow directions as provided by authorized supervisor or customer agent.
* Must be willing to follow all company and project policies, rules, and guidelines.
* Must be willing to assist in any additional qualified duties assigned.
* Current, ROF'ed, or Former Employee.
* NCCER - Instrumentation Technician
* Have formal education or vocational training.
* Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
* Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
* May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
* Must be able to work at heights and be able to climb ladders and stairways as well as work on elevated platforms
* Will as needed work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300' utilizing proper fall protection.
* Must be capable of working outside in the elements including heat, cold, rain, snow and wind
* Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limiting to hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, fall arrest harness, face shield, ear plugs, and goggles
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.