LRDR Systems Administration and Network Support
Description:In this position, you will perform a variety of maintenance and technical support activities to the LRDR Radar System located at the USAF station in Clear, Alaska. The selected candidate will perform a variety of electronic and technical assignments on data communications equipment and systems under general supervision including;
1. Using past hands-on network engineering experience and knowledge of network architecture design, development, and testing methodologies to deploy maintain, integrate, and test the network and computing infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, and servers.
2. Completing terminal troubleshooting using appropriate diagnostic equipment.
3. Installing terminals, controllers, and test equipment and restoring nonworking lines and/or equipment to working condition.
4. Supporting validation of technical work packages to be added or updated in the technical manuals.
5. Performing data recording and data management
6. Supporting LOGREP by recording maintenance activities and assisting with yearly audits of LRDR parts management as well as other GFE to include tools (as clarified by U.S. Air Force specification and training)
7. Working with other engineers, customers, and vendors in configuring, integrating, modifying, upgrading, troubleshooting, ordering and supporting configuration management of all network systems, OS, drivers, and applications software.
8. Supporting the troubleshooting and debugging of network using network test equipment and tools (i.e. wireshark, network analyzer).
9. Independently configuring and troubleshooting basic LAN connectivity and peripheral devices.
10. Installing, configuring, integrating, managing, debugging, and maintaining Linux workstation and server software and hardware environments.
11. Performing system and network administration tasks including managi
$72k-81k yearly est.