Medical Office Coordinator
Capital Health is the region's leader in providing progressive, quality patient care with significant investments in our exceptional physicians, nurses and staff, as well as advanced technology. Capital Health is a four-time Magnet -recognized health system for nursing excellence and is comprised of 2 hospitals. Capital Health Medical Group is made up of more than 250 physicians and other providers who offer primary and specialty care, as well as hospital-based services, to patients throughout the region.
* Work independently to assure prompt patient service both on telephone and at front desk. Oversee registration and checkout process and handling of electronic medical records to assure efficient flow of patients through office. Perform essential functions, as well as coordinate performance of staff as it relates to essential functions of this position, and all other office positions.
* Review issues with providers, including routine issues, difficulties and unusual circumstances. Handle patient problems/complaints promptly; Refer difficult situations to Director/Manager.
* Answer telephones, while handling multiple phone lines. Route patient calls to appropriate area/individual.
* Prepare for day, review eligibility and phone reports, and carrie out tasks accordingly; prepare new patient charts and/or paperwork at patient presentation.
* Greet all patients and visitors. Inform patient of privacy policies and procedures; Inform patients of delay's in physician schedules, assist with patient comfort while delayed.
* Perform registration to ensure demographic and insurance information is accurate and complete. Comply with department procedures and regulatory guidelines for HIPAA, Advance Beneficiary Notice, Advance Directives, and Patients Rights as measured by Q/A and observation. Ensure all requirements and fields noted on check-in and check-out page are satisfied and complete.
* Collect co-payments and outstanding balances at check-in, and time of service balances and estimated balances at check-out according to policy.
* Obtain copies of insurance cards, driver's license, authorizations, and referrals and cans or enters into system.
* Refer patients to CBO staff regarding past due balances, questions and/or resolution.
* Review and comply with Patient Account Notes and Appointment Notes in system; Accept accountability for all Work lists/Boxes on dashboard or elsewhere based on assignment.
* Confirm charges and approves claim creations in system at Check-Out; Validate and submit appropriate claims for real time adjudication. Works "Day End Review" report and designated Tier-based HOLD Claim Work lists on a daily basis.
* Schedule follow-up appointments, create appointment ticklers in system, and work associated Work lists/boxes relative to both based on assignment.
* Complete referrals and pre-authorizations as required.
* Create a Time of Service batch and links to a deposit batch daily; Reconcile, balance, and close each batch/drawer at end of day. Turn over batches to designated resource daily.
* Perform clerical duties including, but not limited to processing mail, confirming appointments, sending out follow-up notices, and maintaining statistics
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Three years related experience in a medical office or hospital setting required
* Prior experience with electronic health record strongly preferred.
* Strong knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10 and CPT codes. required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft office applications: Word, Outlook.
* Occasional physical demands include: Sitting, Standing, Walking, Climbing (e.g., stairs or ladders) , Carry objects, Push/Pull, Twisting, Bending, Reaching forward, Reaching overhead, Squat/kneel/crawl, Wrist position deviation, Pinching/fine motor activities, Keyboard use/repetitive motion
* Continuous physical demands include: Lifting Floor to Waist 15 lbs. Lifting Waist Level and Above 10 lbs.
Effective September 7, all employees and medical staff at all Capital Health locations will be required to be vaccinated or subject to weekly testing, as required by the Governor of New Jersey's recent Executive Order 252.