Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter Technology's high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter Technology's wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing. Carpenter's Latrobe Specialty Metals operations, based in Latrobe, Pa., was acquired by Carpenter Technology in 2012 and manufactures high-performance specialty alloys serving aerospace, energy and other demanding markets.
DIRECTOR - SUPPLY CHAIN
* Develop strategic direction for optimizing the use of the Latrobe manufacturing assets and inventory to provide high customer service levels with the minimum assets required.
* Responsible for all manufacturing inventory and the planning required to satisfy customer needs on-time in the shortest possible lead time.
* Responsible to craft the supply chain organization vision and corresponding strategy roadmap to deliver step change performance in supply chain planning, execution, and customer satisfaction.
* Ensure collaboration between commercial, sales, operations, and planning teams to improve clarity of demand signal and continuity of operational production plans, commercial forecasts, and financial projections.
* Select, motivate, and develop team members in optimal positions to provide growth and success to the associate and the company.
* Develop and direct team to improve the company's processes through utilization of the Carpenter Operating Model.
* Integrate inventory planning techniques, production planning methodologies, capacity management processes, and continuous improvement to optimize use of company assets while providing high customer service through multiple department interrelationships.
* Serve as S&OP leader for the organization and deliver forecasts, plans, reporting, analytics of Latrobe business to both local and business unit leadership. Ensure forecasts are aligned between commercial and operations with a deliverable volume and mix.
* Perform strategic evaluation, development, and direction for supply chain organization to ensure continuous improvement utilizing the Carpenter Operating Model.
* Optimize internal and external capacity utilization, melt balancing, resource allocation, demand load, and business synergies across internal operations.
* Actively work with department staff to develop their technical expertise, interpersonal skills, and strategic supply planning capabilities.
* Support continued improvement efforts for system optimization within SAP and Factory Planner applications.
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or relevant discipline.
* 10+ years of experience in Operations, Supply Chain or Production Planning.
* 15+ years of hands on strategic and tactical job assignments.
* Experience leading and implementing S&OP processes.
* Extensive experience in industrial manufacturing.
* Prior knowledge in a manufacturing/industrial setting with a strong focus in supply chain operations.
* A proven record of improving forecasting, supply planning, capacity planning, inventory and production planning.
* Previous experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and/or Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) systems used for manufacturing planning and scheduling, such as SAP, Oracle, APO, ACSP, i2 Factory Planner, Demantra, etc.
* Demonstrated planning and inventory improvement experience.
* Working knowledge and experience in Lean and Six Sigma methods, implementation of ERP and QMS systems, logistics and procurement processes, transportation and warehouse management.
* MA / MS degree and CPIM or CSCP certification preferred.
* Experience in large mill metals manufacturing strongly preferred.
* ERP and Factory Planning applications experience is also strongly preferred.
* SAP experience.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.