A sand plant and rock dust plant was added in 1941 at Pembroke.
In 1946, Pounding Mill purchased a Euclid Model 36-FD rear dump truck, the first appearance of off-road haul trucks transporting stone to the primary crusher.
Mr Huff, superintendent, retired from the Blue Ridge Quarry 1960 and was their Mule Buyer in the early years.
Pounding Mill opened the first new plant in 20 years at Rocky Gap, VA. In 1983, Mt.
Athos was purchased near Lynchburg, and in 1984 Boxley bought Mercer Crushed Stone in West Virginia.
A significant job was acquired when the Blue Ridge Plant had to provide materials for the construction of Roanoke's Valley View Mall, which was opened in 1985.
A sales center was added in Roanoke, and a new block manufacturing facility was opened in Lynchburg in 2006.
The company began its formal environmental sustainability program in 2009 and published its first Sustainability Report to the community.
In 2016, change heralded the next chapter in Boxley’s century-old history with the implementation of two bold strategic moves.
|Company Name||Founded Date||Revenue||Employee Size||Job Openings|
Louisville Paving and Construction1949
Sims Crane & Equipment1959
Fisher Sand & Gravel Co1952
A.L. Blades & Sons1922